• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Orders Break Down....

Unforgiven33

Need some to help explain my orders to me because the number of days for the different intermediates seem off to me. I am married so I have a bunch of intermediate stops until my Ultimate at Whiting.....

1> Intermediate Activity
Approx. 24 days

2> Intermediate Activity
Approx. 35 days at IFS

3> Intermediate Activity
Approx. 11 days

4> Intermediate Activity
Approx. 57 days at Preflight

5> Ultimate Activity
Whiting

I thought IFS would be the 11 day Intermediate Acitivity? I also thought the 35 days would be API? And then on top of that I don't know what the 24 is? A Pool?

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Talk to your contemporaries about wait times, as it fluctuates...API itself isn't that long, the wait is what adds time...

Well the reason I am asking is the wife is getting worried about the timeline for her moving with our daughter.

Understanding to worry about that kind of stuff, but in reality you will show up on the date that it says, and you'll sit there until you class up for IFS, then API. How long IFS takes depends on things like the weather, how many openings vs. students, etc, so it's not an exact science. You won't know exactly when you class up for IFS/API or leave for primary until you actually get there. Welcome to the uncertainty of flight school.

Soon you will be trying to get leave to go take care of some important life event, and your Operations Officer will respond something like this:

2564fcb31118283ddea4ecfa184b14264ad8413be5faf8c7dd8e6775fa3ef323.jpg

Unforgiven33

So generally do the report dates on all these intermediate activities not follow what actually happens? Or are they generally close~ish?

PhrogLoop

Adulting is hard
pilot
Well the reason I am asking is the wife is getting worried about the timeline for her moving with our daughter.
Also, keep in mind that several stages of flight school and follow on training (throughout a Navy career) are dependent on factors that are very difficult to predict like weather, budgets, and aircraft availability. I made a lot of money on the Homefront managing my wife's expectations about the changing nature of Navy truth.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Weird they're writing in IFS into orders now as far as I-stops considering you're part of NASC the whole time regardless of being in A-pool, IFS, or API.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Your follow on orders post winging will be a lot tighter with exact or near exact timelines/dates. Don't sweat your first set, like others have said flight school timing is not an exact science.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Not sure on what you're waiting on, but I would suggest all moving together and arriving at the same time.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Generally, when orders show an Intermediate Activity, there is also an associated Command or UIC, along with an ACC code (accounting code). While at the end of the day, as everyone has mentioned, it really doesn't matter, if you want to understand what each activity is supposedly for, you can look at the UIC/Command.

But again, it really doesn't matter because it's all going to be at NASC in various budgetary states for the bean counters, and all of those numbers are written in sand...in the desert...in a wind storm.

ltedge46

Lost in the machine
None
It's the end of the fiscal year. You should be glad you got any orders at all !!!
:)
^^ This.

Unless you're worried about school schedules or something, just move the family with you. Otherwise, have her wait until post winging as ea6b mentioned.