• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Orange and Whites at TBS

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
There were 3 TH-57s that came through TBS a few days ago and parked on the Sgt Major's green. I think I recall them being from HT-8. I'm not sure. I know they were from TW-5 and they had Marines painted on the side of them. (oorah!)

Was that anyone here? If it was, every 2nd Lt air contract in O'Bannon hall wants to buy you beers. :D It was pretty damn motivating!

MasterBates

TH-57s Motivating? Your Motardness Yutberry level must be low.

TRACOM birds belong to the wing. (a couple birds may have squadron CO/XO names)

Every X tracom birds (4? 7?) have MARINES vice NAVY on the side. You will fly both.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
TH-57s Motivating? Your Motardness Yutberry level must be low.

TRACOM birds belong to the wing. (a couple birds may have squadron CO/XO names)

Every X tracom birds (4? 7?) have MARINES vice NAVY on the side. You will fly both.

We just started zero week, and watching other companies graduate while you wait around in Mike company tends to eat your soul. you gotta get some Moto somewhere right?!

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
A few years ago I brought a TH-57 with a wingman up for aviation night. We gave a 5 min TERF hop around Camp Barrett to every air contract in the company plus the enlisted staff. It was good times, but I was surprised how few lieutenants hung around the Hawk very late.

On another trip in a 46, I did give my 20-year-old crewchief my nametag and dared him to hit on a WM lt, which was amusing, though.

HueyCobra8151

pilot
I saw them. Was busy being pissed off because swim qual got cancelled due to lightning and I was standing around at the gym instead of getting drunk at the house.

TH-57s are freaking tiny...

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
We just started zero week, and watching other companies graduate while you wait around in Mike company tends to eat your soul. you gotta get some Moto somewhere right?!

If you think Mike Co eats your soul, you better stand by...

FLY_USMC

pilot
You fucking training command salts....wait until you go on a frigain IA away from your platform.....then you can tell me about "eating at your soul."

torpedo0126

--small threadjack

pardon my ignorance, but I didn't know the Marines had IA tours? I thought it was just Navy and Air Force supplementing "vacant" Army jobs?

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
--small threadjack

pardon my ignorance, but I didn't know the Marines had IA tours? I thought it was just Navy and Air Force supplementing "vacant" Army jobs?

Nope, Marine IAs are alive and well: Border transition teams, Police transition teams, Wing staff, ATO writer/PPT slide maker etc etc etc. Hornet guys suck up a great deal of them because they have more pilots than seats but there is a decent amount heaped on the other communities.

FLY_USMC

pilot
We actually have a great many IA's from all communities. To make a long story short we have Hornet squadrons preparing to deploy that have single digit pilot numbers right now....so this there's an abundance of Hornet pilots is absolute bullshiat. How they select who gets IA billets I really don't have any idea, but I can tell you that people are doing IA's, and then getting asked to forgoe their dwell time because Squadrons don't have enough people to even come close to meeting their TO levels for deployment and need them to turn around and deploy again. I've even heard about Squadrons going to Iwakuni and leaving Pilots/WSO's there IOT to meet manning levels for their replacement Squadron. Yeah, we're fat on people?

Kodiak

"That's not Infantry, It doesn't matter!" --My SPC to all of us who were watching them land at TBS.