• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Options for leave balance pre/post commissioning.

68 Chevelle

MM1 Nuke->FY08 STA-21 NFO Selectee
To all those who were asking what I'm doing with mine, I'm actually still looking into it. I JUST got all my medical stuff through NOMI yesterday, so my orders were just requested yesterday. I have been getting the run around on the topic of selling back leave. However I have found some worth while information on it. It seems that everyone's orders say this...

------- SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS -------
- PROVIDED NO EXCESS LEAVE INVOLVED, MEMBER IS AUTHORIZED TO
DELAY 30 DAYS IN REPORTING TO COUNT
AS LEAVE (MILPERSMAN 1050-150). KEEP OLD AND NEW DUTY STATION
ADVISED OF YOUR LEAVE ADDRESS.

No excess leave means you can't go more negative than what you will earn in your obligation, so that shouldn't change how much leave any of us can sell back, but whatever, at this point I am researching it as much for my own knowledge and to help others out as anything! I have found in the instruction where it says specifically that you can not sell back leave upon accepting a commission. There also seems to be some confusion on what happens to your leave when you are commissioned. Near as I can tell from my research, it all just rolls over. I am going to continue to research this more, to find out more details and actual instruction wording vice here say. As soon as I find anything out I will post it here!

Lightning26