• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Opinions on Kerry

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoCortex

Castle Law for all States!!!
pilot
I just read this article and I had to share.

http://www.ajc.com/print/content/epaper/editions/sunday/opinion_04e2bdae9207320e1092.html

46Driver

"It's a mother beautiful bridge, and it's gon
He did write part of a book called "The New American Soldier" It had a several Vietnam vets holding the flag (ala Iwo Jima) but the flag was upside down. And that was the cover.

kevin

the guy's a politician, what do you expect. listening to political debates is like listening to half a conversation.

NuSnake

I hate the guy....no for real, i hate him, hes such a wuss.....the saturday night live skit with kerry, bush, and clinton though was pretty funny last satr though....but i dont like kerry

Jaxs170

www.YANKEESSUCK.com
I lived across the border from him in New Hampshire and I'll tell you he scares me
shake_125.gif
. He's a typical Taxachusetts Liberal, son of Michael Dukakis, makes Ted Kennedy look like a moderate (almost), bad news for the working class politician. I get nervous thinking about any prospect of this guy being the next president, I'll take Edwards over him anyday (but there were talking about the lesser of two great evils). Put Kerry with the great Satan of George Steinbrenner and his minions and it would spell the end of America.

gagirl

Hanoi John is a traitor!! You don't fight for your country and then come back and turn on those that helped keep your a$$ alive. You don't support those that are killing your fellow countrymen. From what vets say it was a brotherhood over there and he committed one of the biggest acts of betrayel. Friends of Ted Kennedy too?

Wesley Clark was on the cover of a gay and lesbian magazine last month (I think) wanting to change how they are portrayed in the military. It was something to that effect. Sorry don't agree on that it's just my opinion. Like they say don't ask don't tell.

Bush is the only one! The economy is looking up, and if 9/11 hadn't happened it wouldn't have gone down. 9/11 to me, was a direct effect of what Clinton didn't too in regards to the 1st WTC bombing, the Khobar Towers,the 2 Embassy bombings in Africa and of course the USS Cole. There was no retaliation for those acts what-so-ever!! No wonder they thought they could get away with 9/11.

There is now someone in office with b***s big enough to take a stand. Do you know what he has done for the military in the way of giving us more money and tax cuts? It's huge! If there is a problem with the war then maybe volunteering wasn't the best thing.
Anne

jdfairman

PHROGS 4EVER
I wouldn't go so far as to say President Bush has helped our CURRENT economy very much yet.However, I think his actions will have some positive influence on our economy in the near FUTURE. As was stated, its starting to come around. Keep in mind that the actions of a President in office generally don't have alot of bearing on the economy of the time anyways. Its kind of like an altimeter or VSI. There's quite a bit of lag. I listen to people bitch about how only the rich are getting the tax breaks, and its slightly irritating. They are getting the breaks because they are shouldering a disproportionately greater part of the tax burden.
Onto Mr. Kerry. I have a major problem with Senator Kerry's actions after his tour in Vietnam. Having never been a combat veteran myself, I don't have alot of room to talk. But I will say that although he did indeed have a right to protest a war that he thought was unjust, his methods and timing were deplorable. There are more than a few Vietnam Veterans out there who bear much resentment over this. His association with Jane Fonda definitely won't help him. I question his honesty on a few points as well. I think there are some skeletons that are fixing to walk out of his closet.

BigWorm

Marine Aviator
pilot
Originally posted by jdfairman
His association with Jane Fonda definitely won't help him. I question his honesty on a few points as well. I think there are some skeletons that are fixing to walk out of his closet.

Just to appease my curiosity do you have any links to articles about Fonda? Go ahead and mention that name around my dad and the thunder will rain down upon thee.
I like some of the stuff he says, but at the same time I know most of its rhetoric. Bush, although a little crude in his methods has the get the job done mentality which I like. I mean, why would we want to wait until the threat of Iraq was imminent – isn’t that what happened on 9/11? Isn’t imminent a little bit late?
This election is going to be ugly. Wasn’t something like 9/11 supposed to bring the country together? The Republican vs. Democrat thing is way out of hand, can’t we all just get along.

itoh

Well put Bigworm,

when people are fabricating pictures, makes you wonder, how much of the rhetoric out there is actually legit:

http://www.snopes.com/photos/politics/kerry2.asp

My understanding of Kerry was that he served a tour in Vietnam, got out of the Navy as an O-2, and then joined and spoke for the Vietnam Veterans Against the War. That group is known to have been tied to Jane Fonda, and I've heard that he spoke at concurring rallies with Jane Fonda, but I don't know if that's true or not.
I do believe that some of his decisions were in poor taste (i.e. writing in "The New American Soldier"), however, I do believe that a silver-star recipient rates the right to protest a war in which he served. Comparing Kerry to Jane Fonda and Bush to Hitler are equally absurd.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Originally posted by akamifeldman
Like the over 500 caskets in Mr. Bush's closet? The President has quite a few things to answer for too.

The President has explained exactly why we went into Iraq and we also know why we went into Afghanistan. A soldier knows or at least should know his/her job description as well. So what exactly does he have to answer to?

NeoCortex

Castle Law for all States!!!
pilot
Kerry is one of the 9 most Libral senators in the US. This is from his voting record. I couldn't believe when I read that he is actually more libral than Kennedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.