• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

On the Fence (Navy or Marine Corps)

Rg9

pilot
...I'd like to fly F/A-18's or EA-6B's but I realize whether or not you get F/A-18's / EA-6B's comes down to the needs of the Navy/USMC at a given time, and your capability and performance throughout flight school. I'd be happy flying anything though because my primary reason for joining is to be a Naval or Marine Officer.
Only Marines will be flying Prowlers soon. The Navy is already transitioning to F-18 "Growlers". Also, a Marine Officer is still a "Naval Officer."

Whatever you shoot for, best of luck!

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Thanks for all the info guys. This will definitely help me in making a decision here soon.
I'm late & my input is .... shall we say .... dated. And old. And smelly. And generally disregarded on this website ... but do so @ your own peril ...

BUT, for the sake of discussion: WHEN I CAME THROUGH ...

If you can't FLY ... go USMC. Be a Leader of Men.

If you CAN FLY ... go NAVY ... Be Somebody. :)

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
I'm late & my input is .... shall we say .... dated. And old. And smelly. And generally disregarded on this website ... but do so @ your own peril ...

BUT, for the sake of discussion: WHEN I CAME THROUGH ...

If you can't FLY ... go USMC. Be a Leader of Men.

If you CAN FLY ... go NAVY ... Be Somebody. :)

But then again, Lieutenant Cunningham had just soloed at the time, so A4s' sample size was pretty small.

armada1651

Hey intern, get me a Campari!
pilot
I'd be happy flying anything though because my primary reason for joining is to be a Naval or Marine Officer.

This might be a little nitpicky, but I just want to point out that Marine officers are Naval officers - they're just not Navy officers. The Navy, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard make up the Naval services, and their pilots are all Naval Aviators.

Looks like you've gotten some good advice in this thread, though. Good luck!

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
But then again, Lieutenant Cunningham had just soloed at the time, so A4s' sample size was pretty small.
"Duke" Cunningham, perchance .. ??? Or do you mean Alfred Austell ... ???

IF the 'Duke' ... fought him to a 'KNOCK IT OFF' DRAW X2 @ Top Gun in the A4 ... :D

REALLY pissed him off ... :D

Joeski

I take my ASTB tomorrow, the first step of many...

Thanks again for all the great advice guys. I'll let you all know what I decide to do.

Joeski

5/6/5 46 on the ASTB, not as high as I'd hoped but I'm not dissapointed either.

Now I'm just waiting for the CWO at my local NRD to call me back to schedule my 1st appointment and get this application started.