• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OLD NAVY: Traditional Customs & Procedures ... thread split

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
f. Men call on men and ladies…ladies call only on ladies. On your first call, leave cards for members of the family who are of an age you might entertain.

can someone define "entertain"?

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
1. ...The wardroom of a ship is like a man's club, and you are expected to dress and behave accordingly.

I'm just going to assume that that behavior is nothing like what the members of the wardroom engage in...

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
515Q3NS5TSL._BO2,204,203,200_PIlitb-dp-500-arrow,TopRight,45,-64_OU01_AA240_SH20_.jpg

I have found my copy of "Service Etiquette" to be quite useful, and a little more up to date...

i. If there is a servant answering the door, had[sic] the cards to him. Never hand cards to members of the family.

Tex_Hill

Airborne All the Way!!!
I finally found a picture I took of my former division officer's calling card. Keep in mind that prior to his joining the military, he had been a Russian Linguist for the United Nations. Read the card carefully...

Pete

Here's a calling card given to me by a good friend of mine.

card1.jpg

card2.jpg

As you can tell, I've had it in my wallet forever.