• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Old Name Tags and Patches

Kaman

Beech 1900 pilot's; "Fly it like you stole it"
All of mine are in a box that I have in storage and haven't been touched since April 2000...

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
That is a pretty impressive I love me room..........obviously I have a lot less to go in mine (career wise), but mine consists of a single broken model MIG-29 on a stick and my commissioning document. Sort of pathetic in comparison to yours

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I am an old helo fart... take that for what it is. I still get to fly for pay. You seem well rounded. Remember to capture/keep stuff from what you are doing throughout your career.

Yeah, I need to get better about that stuff. If I took as many awesome photos as you did, that would be step 1 to having some stuff to show the grandkids one day :)

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Thanks for the floating frame idea. Just did this with patches, but no more room in man-enclave to hang.

Looks sharp. I may have to do the same thing....did you use double-sided tape to hold them in place? Where'd you score the frames? Michael's? Hobby-Lobby?

yeahguy

Quick question~ how did she mount those without a background? How did they attach to the glass, and how did the glass stay on the frame? I like the look...

Hey, sorry it took me a while to get back, I have been deployed. It looks like you figured it out. Looks great!

To keep my patches fixed, she used small adhesive squares of velcro hooks on the back sides, to keep the patches from moving around. I think she got them at Michaels. I'll have to ask her about the frames, but she probably used Amazon as well.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Yeah, I need to get better about that stuff. If I took as many awesome photos as you did, that would be step 1 to having some stuff to show the grandkids one day :)
If you're short of crap to put on your walls, you can always get some custom made lithos to frame. I recently got the good paisans at aviationgraphic.com to make a litho of BHR for me and others in the Air department. I emailed him a bunch of pics and I got a great finished product. A few years ago they also did a great litho of our test aircraft (h-60 with AMCM kit installed) for my old squadron. Great, high quality products made to order with a short turn around and reasonable price.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Some really good display ideas here!

Really like the vehicle headliner idea...Velcro compatible and all.

I've been recently going through my old patches...here's one that I received from a USAF Herc driver when I was loitering (for some unknown reason) on the transient ramp at NASNI...this patch is one of my favorites.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
^^^
Very nice, sir...and an excellent method of display.

:cool:

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
fltjacket1.jpg

Other than on my old flight jacket [which is now many sizes too small to wear], all my other patches and name tags - save one - are in a manila envelope in a closet. It is a nice collection.
But I'm lazy.

Maybe I should do something with them. Or maybe not. I mostly think they are for my grandchildren when they are older. And if not sold on Ebay, then for my progeny beyond them.