• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Old Marine Pilots

FlyinRock

I had the distinct privilege again yesterday of talking to my old boss, a NAP who flew Corsairs in addition to the Banshee F2H2p, the F8U and F9F. Lowell Truax by name. Now in his 90's and sounds as sharp as he ever did. Shot down at least once over the China Sea when he was still a kid during WW2 and highly respected in the USMC aviation community of old. We first met in Korea when he was flying the F2H2P in VMJ-1 early 50's and again at El Toro with VMCJ-1/3 (they were just doing a deployment and in transit) in 1961. One of our old Banshees is hanging up in the museum ....
He has been mentioned in any number of books that relate to USMC aviation in the 40's, 50's and 60's. What a Marine, What a pilot. The best boss I EVER worked for. Still in the Pensacola area.
Semper Fi Boss
Rocky