• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Old Injury (18 Years Ago)

sciguy

Pro-Rec Supply
I hope this has not be covered yet, I looked at several of the MEPS threads.

I broke my arm about 18 years ago (1990) and am trying to find the medical records to show that I am now physically fit and absolutely nothing is wrong with my arm. I got a copy of all my x-ray documents with images and they only go back to 1997, I know they would have done an x-ray of that. I am going to assume that the hospital no longer has any record of fixing my broken arm. Does anyone know what I should do next? My OR is out of the office this week otherwise I would ask him. Thanks

guitplayer33

I had the same problem. The hospital didn't have the record. Just put no on the medical sheet and make sure you explain the situation to the doc during the interview at meps. He should check you off no problem.

4ageminor

Same problem happened to me. Broke my foot seven years ago and the hospital lost all my files pertaining to it. I even went to the university doctor's office in order for them to receive some fresh documentation but they wouldn't even see me because there's nothing wrong with my foot. I checked "yes" on the form and wrote a somewhat lengthy paragraph explaining the situation.

I wouldn't check no because it's not the truth. There's a small paragraph stating the potential consequences at the top of the document and although they probably wouldn't actual follow through with action, its good to get off on the right foot.

sciguy

Pro-Rec Supply
Same problem happened to me. Broke my foot seven years ago and the hospital lost all my files pertaining to it. I even went to the university doctor's office in order for them to receive some fresh documentation but they wouldn't even see me because there's nothing wrong with my foot. I checked "yes" on the form and wrote a somewhat lengthy paragraph explaining the situation.

I wouldn't check no because it's not the truth. There's a small paragraph stating the potential consequences at the top of the document and although they probably wouldn't actual follow through with action, its good to get off on the right foot.
I checked yes on the form, it clearly asked if I had ever broken a bone. There was a medical record made of it at some point, it just does not exist anymore. They were nice enough to charge me for sending the record though. Considering I was 6 years old at the time, I can't even remember for certain which arm it was.

I just put in the explanation that "My dad told me I broke my arm when I was six years old, I don't have any memory of it." I don't have enough knowledge to say anything else.

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
sciguy, I wouldn't sweat it. USN might take an X-RAY, but that should be about it.

"I wouldn't check no because it's not the truth. " Thank you.