• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OLD AGE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremy

I will be 27 this summer and graduate next summer (I will be 28). My OSO didn't say anything about this being a problem. Just the waivers for a few tattoos. Hey, what do you expect...I'm prior enlisted heh heh.

BYSun

You need waivers for Tats in the Marine Corps?
bigeyes_125.gif
Does that also apply for other branches as well?
bigeyes2_125.gif

Thanks,
Bryce

Those who aren't living on the edge are taking up too much space.

Meridiani

Okay, Bryce. Fess up, where are your Tats located?
magnify_125.gif
sly_125.gif

Here's a link copied from usnavyocs.com about the Navy's new policy on tatoos and piercings: http://usnavyocs.com/portal/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=155&sid=6d6e9a21b8bef172f0e75c82da09dffa

Why can't I insert a nice text link with this forum's software? It's kind of annoying having to post that whole ugly link.
banghead_125.gif

BYSun

Well my curious "academician"...where would you suspect??
angel_125.gif

Lower....lower....lower....

Just kidding
eyebrows_125.gif
, I have a medium sized tat on my lower leg. Nothing offensive or profane, just a japanese Kanji.

Thanks for the link, but I dont understand from the notice if I need to get a waiver. If I did not have one, what would be the consequences?

Bryce

Those who aren't living on the edge are taking up too much space.

Meridiani

LMAO! I had no suspicions, only the most innocent curiosity.
icon_smile_wink.gif

Supplying links is really all I'm qualified to do on this issue...but I'll speculate anyway.
smirk_125.gif
My guess is that a tattoo in a nonvisible location, such as your lower leg, is not going to require a waiver. Unless you plan on wearing those spiffy Love Boat-esque tropical climate uniform shorts, no one will ever see your tattoo.

Flynator

I talked to somebody from MCRC (Marine Corps Recruiting Command, who is in charge of all recruiters and accessions and makes the final decisions on such) last week and he said they are no longer taking age waivers, even for prior service types like myself...and if the recruiters hadn't got the word yet to check their MPPM (manuals).
If you have already been accepted into the aviation community (ie. given your guarantee) you should be ok. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the fact is that aircrew attrition is at an all time low and they would rather have someone who can serve 20 full years. He also said NFO slots were filled for this year....but I believe pilot slots were still open.
If anyone has CONCRETE contradictory information, please post and state your source.

Spin

SNA in Meridian
Ok .... since this whole thing has got me going nuts I too called MCRC. Now ... I'm sure that I didn't talk to anyone high up the ladder or anything but the person that I did speak to said that age waivers are difficult to get but there is nothing stating that they are not being given anymore. He said that if you are over 30 it's more of an issue. Don't know if this guy was really informed or not but I figured I'd post my findings. Anymore info anyone .... ?

kaiken82

I am 28 as well, turning 29 this fall. Just spoke with my OSO yesterday and we are going ahead with my packet for OCC 184, he did say that it is a disadvantage but nothing keeping me from submitting a package. On a somewhat positive note, he mentioned the preference for guys with flight time if they can get it, it might make a difference with an old guy like me.

"WELL, ARE YOU GONNA PULL THOSE PISTOLS OR WHISTLE DIXIE"

THE OUTLAW JOSIE WALES

java

Out of curiosity, how long does it take from just beginning your package to when it's ready to be sent to the board? I.E., testing, physical, paperwork, etc.???

aaronbruce

Hello -

I called two recruiters in my area yesterday and they both told me that they were not accepting age waivers any longer for any type of officer (ground or air). I am 31, with 4 years of prior service. I was shocked because I thought I had a little time. I am hoping that these recruiters are misinformed as I'd like to apply. Any ideas on what I should do to get my application in? -ASB

kaiken82

aaronbruce,

Which OSO's did you speak with, City and District I mean?

THE OUTLAW JOSIE WALES

kaiken82

ASB,

Yeah, for the last 6-8 months. My OSO drops this bomb on me last fall right before I am sending off my packet but we submitted it anyway. I am using a different OSO for 184 but he claims to know nothing about this no age-waiver business, he is in Nashville by the way. What sucks about it, is the fact that guys 4-6 years younger than me are getting in with lower pft's, I was told this is the main reason they prefer younger candidates b/c they are typically in better shape and condition easier than us old timers. BULL****!!

THE OUTLAW JOSIE WALES

Status
Not open for further replies.