• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Officer Promotions

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
The promotion rates are something like 75-80% for CDR and 50-60% for CAPT.

I never got my officer pictures taken while I was in P'cola (loooong story). . .will not having them in my jacket adversely affect my automatic promotion to JG??
Promotion to JG is automatic. Unless you get a DUI or murder someone or some other egregious violation of the law, you are going to get promoted. If someone needs a service photo of you on file, they'll find you and get it.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I've never taken a service photo (only photo I have in a dress uniform is my commissioning photo in my whites). You'll live.

bb1125

None
Here's the NAVADMIN requiring the photos
http://www.npc.navy.mil/NR/rdonlyres/00E3245B-E3F1-4299-A4A2-32874BB2DFF1/0/NAV07103.txt
and the MILPERSMAN article
http://www.npc.navy.mil/NR/rdonlyres/12E4FB57-ED2C-4F80-90BA-AE5DA6926E0E/0/1070180.pdf
I imagine Corpus has a photo lab, just ask around. If not, the NAVADMIN tells you how to get the picture.

Otto-it's not a service photo in your SDB's, it's a picture of you in your Khakis, just to make sure you're not a fat-body sh!tbag when going before a board.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
http://www.npc.navy.mil/NR/rdonlyres/00E3245B-E3F1-4299-A4A2-32874BB2DFF1/0/NAV07103.txt
http://www.npc.navy.mil/NR/rdonlyres/12E4FB57-ED2C-4F80-90BA-AE5DA6926E0E/0/1070180.pdf
I imagine Corpus has a photo lab, just ask around. If not, the NAVADMIN tells you how to get the picture.

Otto-it's not a service photo in your SDB's, it's a picture of you in your Khakis, just to make sure you're not a fat-body sh!tbag when going before a board.

What are these "Khakis" you speak of? :D

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor

It's not just that it's required, it's that if you don't have it in your service record, the promotion board will treat it the same as a missing fitrep. You will most likely not be selected for promotion. It's your record, and your responsibility.

You MAY get to O-3 without it, but after that, you will not. You can check if you have one in your record on bupers online. Go to the fitrep continuity page, and at the bottom there are 2 boxes. 1 is for picture on file, the next is for if the picture is in your current rank.

dimlight85

bears, beets, battlestar galactica.
I will turn 27 at OCS and for some reason, age requirement or not, I was pro-rec'd for NFO in the June boards. I'm not asking any questions about why, I'm just happy that I made it. I requested to go to OCS as soon as possible but couldn't get an earlier date than Oct. 19 because of when follow-on schools were to start...lucky me I guess!

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I will turn 27 at OCS and for some reason, age requirement or not, I was pro-rec'd for NFO in the June boards. I'm not asking any questions about why, I'm just happy that I made it. I requested to go to OCS as soon as possible but couldn't get an earlier date than Oct. 19 because of when follow-on schools were to start...lucky me I guess!

Uh, you may want to get that checked out with your recruiter because unless someone here can correct me, I believe that the age limit is 27.

You may think you're "getting by", but would you rather find out now or after 8 weeks of suffering through OCS they tell you they overlooked your age and you're no longer qualified?

If you don't commission before you're 27, you're no go.

Don't believe me? Read this post from our resident Officer recruiter here on AW: http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/showpost.php?p=214615&postcount=9

It's not just that it's required, it's that if you don't have it in your service record, the promotion board will treat it the same as a missing fitrep. You will most likely not be selected for promotion. It's your record, and your responsibility.

You MAY get to O-3 without it, but after that, you will not. You can check if you have one in your record on bupers online. Go to the fitrep continuity page, and at the bottom there are 2 boxes. 1 is for picture on file, the next is for if the picture is in your current rank.
Great gouge on the bupers fitrep boxes. Thanks.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
You're going to helo land. You'll find out soon enough.

Brett

I think I wore my khakis 4 times. Checking in, my HAC board, checking out, and one time I'm probably forgetting. Now after I left, things got a little more painful, but it can be done.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I think I wore my khakis 4 times. Checking in, my HAC board, checking out, and one time I'm probably forgetting. Now after I left, things got a little more painful, but it can be done.

Life in the territories must have been nice. ;) Everyone on the East coast seems enamored with Khakis though.

Brett

MasterBates

Khakis in HSL-East...

1st couple weeks in the RAG
SDO ~50% of the time (was a CO to CO decision)
H2P Board
ATO L2 Board
ATO L3 Board
HAC Board
FNAEB x2 (not mine, thank god)
Any class taught by FASO (good for a 3 days to a week a year on average)

Probably a solid 1-1.5 months of Khakis over a 3.5 year span. Plus SDB/Choker/Whathaveyou for other events.

dimlight85

bears, beets, battlestar galactica.
I'm pretty sure I posted on that thread you linked to. I asked the same question about whether I should say something or not and was advised that they reviewed my application and knew my age when selecting me for OCS and subsequently assigning me a date. I understood that you don't receive a final select letter until your pro-rec has been passed through the chain of command and signed off on. In the grand sceme I won't turn 27 until about the 5th or 6th week into OCS. Proof enough for me is the signed final select letter in my hand.

Also, the age limit for NFO without a waiver was 30 accorrding to the OPNAV 1420.1A and I don't know when the new age limit came out but I just may have gotten my application in before they changed it...who knows. However, there are other threads about age limits and I'll let those be my guide.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I'm pretty sure I posted on that thread you linked to. I asked the same question about whether I should say something or not and was advised that they reviewed my application and knew my age when selecting me for OCS and subsequently assigning me a date. I understood that you don't receive a final select letter until your pro-rec has been passed through the chain of command and signed off on. In the grand sceme I won't turn 27 until about the 5th or 6th week into OCS. Proof enough for me is the signed final select letter in my hand.

Also, the age limit for NFO without a waiver was 30 accorrding to the OPNAV 1420.1A and I don't know when the new age limit came out but I just may have gotten my application in before they changed it...who knows. However, there are other threads about age limits and I'll let those be my guide.

Live by the gouge, die by the gouge.

Good luck! (seriously. No sarcasm)