• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Officer Promotion/Test Pilot Selection with Enlisted Background

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Could someone please explain to me what the different designators are? Such as

VF NFO
VP NFO
VS NFO
VAW NFO
VQ Prop NFO
VQ TAC NFO

I tried google-ing it without much luck! Thanks!

I am just trying to better understand the O-4 selection info. Also what does In zone, Above Zone or Below Zone mean?

VF NFO = F-14 NFO
VP NFO = P-3 NFO
VS NFO = S-3 NFO
VAW NFO = E-2 NFO
VQ Prop NFO = EP-3 NFO
VQ TAC NFO = E-6 NFO

68 Chevelle

MM1 Nuke->FY08 STA-21 NFO Selectee
VF NFO = F-14 NFO
VP NFO = P-3 NFO
VS NFO = S-3 NFO
VAW NFO = E-2 NFO
VQ Prop NFO = EP-3 NFO
VQ TAC NFO = E-6 NFO

Thanks! Thats Awesome, but I forgot/missed 2 from the list

VAQ NFO
NFO (TRNG)

What are they, and also what do the different In, above, below zone mean?

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
That was my point, there should be no former A-6 guys up for LCDR, unless they got out and then came back in, and that would be rare. This year's board was for YG 98 (correct me if I am wrong), that is a year after they retired the last A-6 and 3 years after they shut down the RAG, so it would be pretty hard for there to be any real number of A-6 guys in YG 98, much less YG 99 like they have depicted. One or two I could buy, but 48 for both YG's?! The lack of VA NFO's makes me think it was a misprint or something. :confused:

I knew two former A-6 drivers (pilot and NFO) and one is probably retired by now and the other is the XO of VRC-30 (prior A-6 NFO). Of course not sure when they rolled out of A-6's.