• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Officer Commissioning and Commitment Details

austinschlieman

Hi Everyone, I am sure you have seen similar posts before but I could not find the answer to some of these questions on the site.

I am a Junior in college studying Finance at a state university with a 3.7 GPA. I am interested in pursuing a career as a Naval Officer after graduation. My main question is, When applying to OCS, if you are accepted and sign do you sign for a specific program/pipeline. For instance if I ONLY wanted to join if I could work in Logistics/Supply(Which is purely theoretical, this is not the case) would I know that would be my future job field before signing on a dotted line and committing for several years? Also what things should I be doing right now to make myself the best candidate possible for competitive fields such as Aviation? I have a 3.7 GPA, President of my fraternity and high involvement in the community, however I am lacking in prior flight experience. Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
My main question is, When applying to OCS, if you are accepted and sign do you sign for a specific program/pipeline. For instance if I ONLY wanted to join if I could work in Logistics/Supply(Which is purely theoretical, this is not the case) would I know that would be my future job field before signing on a dotted line and committing for several years?

Yes.