• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ODS AMA (Doc's, Nurses, JAGs, AMDOs, DCO's and others you'll be coming here!)

nothanks1

I had to request my own seat to ODS and was never given that checklist. The training officer at the NRC had never done ODS so I wasted months waiting for a reply that never came. I ended up contacting the CEC Detailer who suggested I log into eNTRS and request a seat for myself. It took me several attempts, but I finally got a seat for July 24th.
How long after requesting a seat did you get confirmation you got the seat?

db619

Wouldn't count on the Thursday reception until your class team tells you its happening. This stuff if very fluid with COVID (I know, still) and other considerations. My group didn't have a reception (nor did the previous, or the previous, or the previous), but we were able to go into town to meet family that were there. Again, caveat emptor. This could be different by the time you get to Newport.

Graduation will be Friday beginning at 9ish, takes about 45 minutes, then you're free.
Thank you, that helps out a lot.

cecseabee

Headed to ODS in July. What was your first week like?
Since we have such a large class, all the admin and medical stuff take forever. There’s some PT and we did the PRT. Most passed I think. Be prepared to March everywhere u go and stand at attention for hours. Bring good running shoes, white and black markers, and all your medical records. We also did the swim qual. There will be a lot of prior enlisted and even some chiefs. Listen to them as they can help your class get on the same boat faster which leads to greater liberty. You will get yelled at, even as an officer. Just deal with it and know it’s part of the process. And make friends! There’s so many interesting people here

LawDawg740

Since we have such a large class, all the admin and medical stuff take forever. There’s some PT and we did the PRT. Most passed I think. Be prepared to March everywhere u go and stand at attention for hours. Bring good running shoes, white and black markers, and all your medical records. We also did the swim qual. There will be a lot of prior enlisted and even some chiefs. Listen to them as they can help your class get on the same boat faster which leads to greater liberty. You will get yelled at, even as an officer. Just deal with it and know it’s part of the process. And make friends! There’s so many interesting people here
I'll reemphasize a point here -- P L E A S E listen and allow the prior enlisted to mentor as much as they are willing.

db619

At ODS right now in the largest class they’ve ever had (172). Feel free to ask me any questions.
Do you have any recommendations on what to bring and what not to bring, as far as uniforms? Is the uniform list fairly accurate on what we will need?

cecseabee

Do you have any recommendations on what to bring and what not to bring, as far as uniforms? Is the uniform list fairly accurate on what we will need?
Yeah whatever it says I would bring if you have it. But there are organized uniform sessions that everyone must go to anyways so no pressure. Don’t bring extra civy clothes. Bring white and black shoe polish as the nex will be out fairly fast due to ocs, naps, and ods all being there. And please exercise before. The class team is much more into pt than past classes. It’s much more ocs like now.

Last edited:

db619

Yeah whatever it says I would bring if you have it. But there are organized uniform sessions that everyone must go to anyways so no pressure. Don’t bring extra civy clothes. Bring white and black shoe polish as the nex will be out fairly fast due to ocs, naps, and ods all being there. And please exercise before. The class team is much more into pt than past classes. It’s much more ocs like now.
Thank you. I should be attending the class following yours so if you have any more helpful information as you go through I would really appreciate it.

cecseabee

Thank you. I should be attending the class following yours so if you have any more helpful information as you go through I would really appreciate it.
Buy moleskin first chance you get. It will sell out! Good luck if you haven’t started already.

Reactions: RJS

RJS

Buy moleskin first chance you get. It will sell out! Good luck if you haven’t started already.
@cecseabee I can only imagine how much standing you had to do. Especially with a class of 172 folks. Was thinking about just going to a MTF podiatrist and getting insoles for all the walking and standing at ODS. What footwear did you most commonly wore? Oxfords or boots? Any takeaways from your experience that you wish you would have known before going?