• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

October 09 Boards

remmie2k3

Makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up. I guess another month of waiting, but it seems that waiting is all part of the game.

Junkball

"I believe in ammunition"
pilot
Got the call today, good news! Pro-Rec SNA... (I'm 2 for 2!). Originally applied SEPT board (and JUN 08)

I've been waiting longer than most of you (probably)... application process started in the Fall of my junior year. Two years, three pro-recs, BDCP SNFO turned down, and an eye surgery later, I'm ready for my Final Selection letter.

My recruiter called, asked if I knew why he was calling. I said back, "well I hope the selection board finally met!"
He started to say "yeah... LT XXX is calling me, let me call you back."
So I got to pace around my apartment for 5 mins with my BP jacked out the roof. I had faith I was going to get picked up since I did once and my OR sounded happy in the brief moment I talked to him. He called back, let me know and told me to expect the FS in approximately two weeks; hopefully sooner though, since MEPS and my security clearance are already done.

Congrats to all those previous selectees posted, & give it another shot to the rest!

bptaylor10

Just got the call.... Pro Rec for Pilot and SWO. Stick tight everyone still waiting, the time will come and will bring with it good news!

Cloak

I'm in Michigan and still waiting haha. Patience is wearing thin..been pushed back two separate times now.

Got the call today, good news! Pro-Rec SNA... (I'm 2 for 2!). Originally applied SEPT board (and JUN 08)

I've been waiting longer than most of you (probably)... application process started in the Fall of my junior year. Two years, three pro-recs, BDCP SNFO turned down, and an eye surgery later, I'm ready for my Final Selection letter.

My recruiter called, asked if I knew why he was calling. I said back, "well I hope the selection board finally met!"
He started to say "yeah... LT XXX is calling me, let me call you back."
So I got to pace around my apartment for 5 mins with my BP jacked out the roof. I had faith I was going to get picked up since I did once and my OR sounded happy in the brief moment I talked to him. He called back, let me know and told me to expect the FS in approximately two weeks; hopefully sooner though, since MEPS and my security clearance are already done.

Congrats to all those previous selectees posted, & give it another shot to the rest!

GatorUSN

Pro-Rec SWO, 03 Jan 2010 OCS
Pro-rec SWO! Finally after having submitted my app in July it's definitely worth the wait to get that phone call! I'm based out of NRD Miami if anyone else is waiting for the call from South Florida.

BTP1368

Pro-Rec SWO!!!
I talked to my OR this morning, and he said that he did not have the results from the October Boards. I was originally supposed to be reviewed in October, but now I'm starting to think November is more of a reality.

BTW, I'm working out of NRD Chicago if that helps.

Rev

pilot
Has anyone out of NRD New Orleans heard anything yet?

And can someone definitely confirm or deny that these have only been those who were going to be seen in September?

JTH

WTF.. Board wrote my OR and asked for me to see a private eye doc and submit the results to Tennessee. Good thing is.. I already had a private eye exam 2 days before meps and smoked it. 20/10 & 20/15 w/ no other problems including depth or color. I went to meps two days later and saw 20/20 which was the lowest they would test down to. Passed depth and color at meps also. Not sure why the board would ask for an eye exam.. good thing I have hawk eye vision in BOTH eyes.

I'm up for the October board. This makes me think that the Sept board met and the Pro recs we see are the guys from sept. The oct guys are still waiting to be seen and it might take place soon?

Pro recs were you supposed to be in sept. board?
Why the hell would the board ask for a private eye exam after a perfect exam at meps?

kd5pbo

I've no clue about the need for an eye doc, but it does mean that the October boards have met (or are meeting).

Do you have astigmatism?

CUPike11

Still avoiding work as much as possible....
None
Contributor
WTF.. Board wrote my OR and asked for me to see a private eye doc and submit the results to Tennessee. Good thing is.. I already had a private eye exam 2 days before meps and smoked it. 20/10 & 20/15 w/ no other problems including depth or color. I went to meps two days later and saw 20/20 which was the lowest they would test down to. Passed depth and color at meps also. Not sure why the board would ask for an eye exam.. good thing I have hawk eye vision in BOTH eyes.

I'm up for the October board. This makes me think that the Sept board met and the Pro recs we see are the guys from sept. The oct guys are still waiting to be seen and it might take place soon?

Pro recs were you supposed to be in sept. board?
Why the hell would the board ask for a private eye exam after a perfect exam at meps?

You never know what the boards/Big Navy is planning, but I'd say if they're requesting it, to not argue and just go get it done. Everyone has had their share of hoops to jump through...this is just one more b/w you and a possible Pro-Rec/Final Select

JTH

I've never had any problems with anything medical. I talked to the private doc and she said my eyes are perfect and there are no problems. I turned the paperwork over to NRD denver to send to Tennesee. Who knows whats going on. Meps didn't mention anything when I was down there. The good thing is my eyes are great so they can have me do any paperwork or see any doc and i'll pass. Any word if the pro recs are past september canidates? I think oct board must be meeting soon. Hopefully all this snow doesn't stop denver from sending the paperwork to Tennesee. I was down there today CU and they had already left so i dropped it on irving's desk. not sure if they are going into the office tomm with more snow coming.