• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

October 09 Boards

blangman1

I'm REAPPLYING at the October SNA/SNFO/SWO Board:

Previously applied June 2009, non-select SNA/SNFO/SWO
M/24yoa
B.S. Public Policy, Georgia State University, 2009
2.65 GPA (up from 2.56 last submission, hard to improve with only 2 classes left)
ASTB 56 7/8/7 (up from 56 7/7/7)
Non-prior
LORs: O-8 USAF pilot, O-6 Army, O-5 Navy pilot, O-5 Navy NFO, O-3 USAF pilot, Employer

Previous DOR from NROTC scholarship which was probably viewed by Board as detracting from OCS candidacy. My Reconsideration Letter addresses how much I've matured since then, et cetera et cetera.

Round 2. Ding Ding Ding.

blarged

ready
Previous DOR from NROTC scholarship which was probably viewed by Board as detracting from OCS candidacy. My Reconsideration Letter addresses how much I've matured since then, et cetera et cetera.

I'm a big fan of those reconsideration letters :) I think that was my saving grace when I applied the second time.

Good luck blangman1!

bycracky84

Ready to fly for my country, instead of hedge fund managers. I literally just took the ASTB, and have been involved in aviation my whole life.

5/5/4/49- I am awful at testing.
over 1300 flight hours
CFI, CFII, Commercial Multi/Single
Turbine Experience (King air 200)
The University of Illinois, 2.95
Aviation Human Factors/Spanish

Made a few bad decisions in college, never arrested. Will need PRK, just curious as to how competitive I am, and will they take into consideration total flight time vs. scores. Let me know if anyone has any experience with this.

tomcatfan

Final Select OCS 25 MARCH SNA
Male, 23
BS CSU Fresno: Criminology; Law Enforcement option
GPA: 2.7 (Better than when i first applied)
ASTB: 7/8/6 52
PRT: 1 1/2 mile; 9:40, SU; 50, PU; 50

LORs, 2 from retired LCDRs, 1 from flight instructor
Interviews from CO of VFA-125 and a DH from VFA-125

Work experience: Assistant manager at current job

Flight time: PPL with 60 hours

This is my third application for pilot, hopefully its a pro-rec this time

Rev

pilot
Just found out today that there were some issues I had to correct with my package so I'll be in for October and not September. Another month of agonizing waiting.

Best of luck to everyone for this month!

My Package
Applying for BDCP:
SNA
SNFO
INTEL

ASTB: 6/6/6 55

3.3 GPA University of Southern Mississippi (SMTTT!)
Major: Political Science
Minor: History

3.5 GPA Hinds Community College
Associates of Arts

LOR: Ret. 0-6 Army, Current Boss, old boss, professor at USM, principal and guidance counselor from high school, scoutmaster (ret. army), President of Hinds Community College

Extra Curricular:
Member Sigma Alpha Epsilon Fraternity
-Pledge Class President
-Philanthropy Chair
Boy Scouts
-Eagle Scout w/ Bronze Palm
Athletics
-Varsity Baseball in HS
-Lots of intramural in College
Member Pre-Law society at USM
Member Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society at HCC
TONS of community service

Awards/Honors:
National Merit Semi-Finalist
Outstanding Leadership Award (SAE)
Presidential Student Service Award
others I'm forgetting at the moment.

nathano7

I'm hoping to make the October Boards... anyone know the cut off date to have package submitted? Around September 25th???

blarged

ready
I'm hoping to make the October Boards... anyone know the cut off date to have package submitted? Around September 25th???

That is what it seems. There are always those applicants that have their application supposedly submitted by then only to find out they are not being seen.

Sooner the better! Good luck on the boards.

m26

Contributor
I'm going to be this close if the 25th is right. Fingers crossed...

Edit: Does the recruiter need to send out the DD370 before sending the package to the boards? Anyone know from experience?

zbeasley

Talked to my OR yesterday...sounds like I'll be up for the October boards.

Applying for NFO/SWO/PAO

ASTB: 6/6/6 52

GPA: 3.85 w/ honors and distinction, University of Kansas,
Major: Journalism Minor: Classical Antiquities

PRT: Not fun, but passed with good marks.

Extra-curricular(s): Yep

Awards: Sure

LORs: You betcha

Best of luck to everyone applying.

BTP1368

Pro-Rec SWO!!!
Round two

Hi all, I am reapplying after being a non-select for SWO and Supply in April 2009.

Here are my stats:

23 M (No prior military service)
Applying for SWO only!

B.A. in History and Psychology from Washington & Jefferson College
GPA 2.95 (Yes, I know it's low. However, I brought it up with 3.0 or above my last four semesters of college.)

Joliet Junior College
Currently taking the prerequisite courses to pursue an MBA. (No GPA as of yet)

OAR 67

Played 4 years of college water polo.
Was in a fraternity for 4 years and held several positions. Also, I was on the executive board for 2 years.
Held a job while at school.
A good amount of community service.
I have been a coach for a club water polo team.
I think I have a pretty good motivational statement.
I'm not going to put down all the stuff I did in high school. But, I have a lot.
Involved with a sports team post-college.
The only thing in my criminal background is one speeding ticket.

7 LOR's (2 from employers, 3 from professors, 1 from college water polo coach, 1 from a retired O-5 SWO).

2 Solid interviews with an O-5 and an O-6.

I have not done the PRT or MEPS yet.

I own Top Gun, A Few Good Men, and Crimson Tide

Hopefully this time does the trick. Best of luck to everyone.

casselj

Pro Rec SWO
I own Top Gun, A Few Good Men, and Crimson Tide

Are those the improvements you made since your first submission? If so I think you're pretty much set ;)

I'm in for October too. This will be my 3rd attempt.

23/m
Non prior
Non-select in May and July of 2009
Applying for: SWO only

ASTB- 53 5/5/5 (after retake, 1st time was 49)
GPA- 3.82 BA in Spanish and International Trade from the University of Alabama in Huntsville

LORs- USA O-9 (retired), USN Reserve O-5, two professors, current employer, high school teacher/family friend
Interview- O-5 XO of local NROTC unit, all 10's/outstandings, O-6 CO of NROTC unit but never saw the write up. Both interviewers were SWOs.

Extra curriculars- Captain of high school soccer and water polo teams, associate editor of school newspaper, officer in several clubs, co-founded local friendly soccer league, worked 30+ hours all throughout college, currently volunteer 20 hrs./week at a hospital, etc.

-I also had to write a letter of reconsideration which highlighted my accomplishments and improvements to my application (addition of O-6 interview and improved ASTB scores)

jharris48

I have been told that I will be in for the October boards, but you all know how that seems to work.

Applying for SNA or SNFO

GPA 3.2 Georgia State University
ASTB 62 8/8/7
LORs from last three employers

That's pretty much it. No pilots license or anything, so heres hoping! Best of luck to everyone

BTP1368

Pro-Rec SWO!!!
Casselj,

Hahaha I owned those movies the first time I applied. I too wrote a request for reconsideration letter. Overall I'd say that your packet looks solid. Good luck.

BTP1368

tomcatfan

Final Select OCS 25 MARCH SNA
you guys are funny, buying movies for good luck, oh wait I bought carrier and speed&angels:D