• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

October 08 boards

bizlake

Another A-Pool Guy
Is that signature the final step? When I talked to the other guy at my OR's office, he said he'd give'm a call and see if he could get on that.

I believe the signature is the final step before they send the letter. What fouled up my process was those security papers! Had to fax those several times before they took.

exo

Yep, good luck sonicboom,and to the rest of you Otoberer's heading out soon. I have no doubt that'll be there in a few weeks so don't laugh too hard when you see us newbies being tossed around when we first arrive.

exo

Alright, did a little research, according to this thread after the community managers sign off on everything (which they do after security, MEPS, waivers are in) the package sits and waits for a final selection board.

The majority of people in this thread received their final selections on the 7th of January, which is 3 days into the first work week of January. So I'm assuming that the SNA final selection board meets the first week of every month. Hey that's next week :)

Any quick question since I've already created this thread, does anyone have an updated Chain of Command study sheet? Also, when studying the Chain of Command for OCS, should you know the person's middle name in addition to their first and last name? Middle initial? Thanks.

does anyone have an updated Chain of Command study sheet? Also, when studying the Chain of Command for OCS, should you know the person's middle name in addition to their first and last name? Middle initial? Thanks.

I'm just memorizing the COC without names, I'll add those once I get to Newport since it's impossible to know them yet, with exception of President Obama, VP Biden and a few of the more permanent ones, etc.

nugget61

pilot
WRT the security clearances, I'm still confused - my OR told me today that mine was submitted way back after the pro-rec, but that I don't need to sign anything? Butyou guys did have to? If it matters, I'm not up for the FS yet, still waiting out for a PRK waiver

exo

WRT the security clearances, I'm still confused - my OR told me today that mine was submitted way back after the pro-rec, but that I don't need to sign anything? Butyou guys did have to? If it matters, I'm not up for the FS yet, still waiting out for a PRK waiver

I signed my SF86 before it was faxed in. Then about 2 months later I was given another 4 sheets of paper to sign before my investigation was officially begun.

nugget61

pilot
I signed my SF86 before it was faxed in. Then about 2 months later I was given another 4 sheets of paper to sign before my investigation was officially begun.

Hmm, maybe I am good to go then... When I sent in my package, I had to sit down with my processor and sign about a half dozen papers, including the SF86 and at least 1 (maybe 2) that was a release for the navy to do a background check (I'm assuming that background check = security clearance).

exo

Hmm, maybe I am good to go then... When I sent in my package, I had to sit down with my processor and sign about a half dozen papers, including the SF86 and at least 1 (maybe 2) that was a release for the navy to do a background check (I'm assuming that background check = security clearance).

Yeah I had to sign a bunch when things first started going in regards to the security check. The last 4 were somewhat of a surprise, considering how many I had already signed, but they apparently were the last step before they begin the investigation.

exo

Any updates anyone? Last I heard my package was sitting on the desk and awaiting signature. However that was about 2.5 week sago and haven't' heard a thing. Haven't been able to get in touch with my recruiter since late last week.

Flyer09

Final Select NFO
I should know something by Friday. My recruiter said it would take about 2 weeks to complete my security check. He said if I didn't get a call from him by then to give him a shout so I'm getting excited.