• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

October 08 boards

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
I've essentially been on vacation since graduation in May. I need some freakin' structure in my life. I'm guessing there won't be any lack of that at OCS :icon_tong

:D I think I just almost spit up some blue poweraid.

ThreeGreen

pilot
Received my FS, swearing in Thursday and am scheduled for OCS in April.

Now, who has advice on how to tell my wife???:D

bizlake

Another A-Pool Guy
Did you request april? Cause at first they told me december, then it was january, and now they are sayin late february. I dont know if I can take that much longer! lol (I know, I know, hurry up and wait...)

Received my FS, swearing in Thursday and am scheduled for OCS in April.

Now, who has advice on how to tell my wife???:D

Congrats ThreeGreen (change that avatar to Final Select!)

I'll ask the same question as bizlake, how did you get April cuz my OR keeps telling me February at the latest. I don't know what I'll do from now until April.:confused:

ThreeGreen

pilot
Thanks for the congrats Boom, the avatar should look better now...

I requested anytime after mid March, so they gave me April.

ThreeGreen

pilot
Well, both actually.:)

My OR called a few weeks ago, and then the letter showed up about a week or so ago. It doesn't feel as "official" until it's on paper.

Have you been called at least?

USNMark

FINAL SELECT!!! OCS Date is 01 FEB 2009. For my fellow October board mates, thanks for the support, I'm sure the rest of the pro rec guys will be picked up soon. I just found out by telephone this morning. My letter will be here real soon I imagine. Bizlake, I might be seein you 01 FEB.

bizlake

Another A-Pool Guy
Called my OR today! I have a feb 1st class date!!!! Shit just became real. I am really excited but I feel bad leaving my fiance for 3 months. Its wierd because it didnt bother either of us at first, she started crying, 50% excitement, 50% sadness. It is what it is though. Good luck boys! Looks as though they are showin some love in the October direction.

USNMark

Called my OR today! I have a feb 1st class date!!!! Shit just became real. I am really excited but I feel bad leaving my fiance for 3 months. Its wierd because it didnt bother either of us at first, she started crying, 50% excitement, 50% sadness. It is what it is though. Good luck boys! Looks as though they are showin some love in the October direction.

haha we posted at the same time. I'll be seein you in the cold of February. I had the same reaction from my girlfriend; I think it means mostly support though.

bizlake

Another A-Pool Guy
Sweet mark, we should try and stay at the same place and visit before hand. Grab one last beer before it hits the fan.

USNMark

Hell yeah, sounds like a plan. Ditto for the other 01 Feb guys/girls if they start turning up on Air Warriors. While I'm at it, I'm gonna start a thread for our OCS Class (you can find it in the OCS Class Dates forum). Yes indeed, there will be much hitting of shit on fans. My friend told me today to expect and enjoy pain. Probably the best thing out there to keep in mind haha.

My OR was out of the office today, so my fingers are crossed for tomorrow. Spoke to my processor who told me everything is in order and that I should expect the FS in the next two weeks. Maybe I'm on a different schedule than you fellas.