• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

October 08 boards

exo

Congrats Occamsrazor

I finished everythign else today. MEPS done, security in route, medicals all done...

Just waiting to hear about a waiver and waiting for that call...

OccamsRazor

Final Select BDCP Intel
It would appear so. Now it's just trying to clear up the remainder of the medical stuff (have to do a consult, MEPS is done) and security clearance. I'm completely thrilled...I was seriously starting to doubt myself.

Congrats Occamsrazor

I finished everythign else today. MEPS done, security in route, medicals all done...

Just waiting to hear about a waiver and waiting for that call...

sweet, exo, I just got my MEPS date rescheduled for next Friday so it looks like I won't be getting my FS letter til mid december....:icon_rage

ASHWND

(BDCP) Supply Corps OC
It would appear so. Now it's just trying to clear up the remainder of the medical stuff (have to do a consult, MEPS is done) and security clearance. I'm completely thrilled...I was seriously starting to doubt myself.

Don't ever doubt yourself, what do you gain from that? Nothing.

Now the "fun" waiting begins... Congrats again, Intel is a damn tough board, especially BDCP Intel... I tip my hat to you good sir.

exo

Anyone have any idea of the average final select wait? Does the final select board meet in the middle of November? I'd love to hear by the end of this month if I got in. Also, is it a letter? My OR told me I'd hear everything from him.

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
Anyone have any idea of the average final select wait? Does the final select board meet in the middle of November? I'd love to hear by the end of this month if I got in. Also, is it a letter? My OR told me I'd hear everything from him.

There is no final select board. It varies greatly depending on a number of things how long your final select takes. Mine took about 1.5 months. Others have waited 2 months and still others have waited only 1 and in some cases less.

Also saying that having this or that done will make it go faster is unlikely to be true considering I had everything done prior to Pro-Rec and it still took awhile. That's not to say it wouldn't have taken longer had I not but it's not going to happen in like a week because you did MEPS and got your security clearance.

Now hurry up and wait. :D

ak47

PRK waiver

PRK waiver is long time process, I submitted my documents on 22 Oct, still wait for it.

I'm going back to MEPS this Friday and I'm gonna knock out PRT back at my recruiter's office. Right now I'm averaging the following:

pushups:
65 good high

curlups:
85 good medium~good high

run:

10:00 excellent medium

My question is this. If I do 85 curlups, which is greater than good high (78) and less than excellent low (87), which value will I be assigned? That's a difference of 11 curlups for just one level difference!

Also, anybody know if those numbers are sufficient. I remember reading that the mins were good medium. Is that true?

nugget61

pilot
I was told Good Low in the stupid questions thread a few months back.
And its my understanding that you have to breach the value to get those points ie your curl ups are good medium. There is no interpolation of points for the PRT.

exo

I was told Good Low in the stupid questions thread a few months back.
And its my understanding that you have to breach the value to get those points ie your curl ups are good medium. There is no interpolation of points for the PRT.

I can support what nugget said, once you break the barrier it doesn't matter if you're one over or one less from the next level. This is important when considering the run, there is about a 30 second jump between levels at some points so if your tracking your time you can see if it's worth sprinting at the end or not.

How's everyone else's progress going? I had an eye consultation after I was done with MEPS and everything went very well, just waiting for the waiver and a final select. My B-Day is 03DEC so that would be a nice present. :D

As far as physical training, I have some tips if you want them. I tested at 72 pushups, 78 situps, and a 10:09 run about 1.5 months ago. It was my personal goal to reach an outstanding-high on the PRT before starting OCS, not because I thought it would make it easy, just it would be something to keep me focused. Since my original test, I've maxed pushups, have the situps up to 100, and have my run down to 9:00 with 8:30 being the max for my age group.

This site is really great for building up pushups and situps. Go on google and search for "one hundred pushups". It's a 6 week pushup plan that you can follow that will supposedly get you to the point that will allow you to do 100 pushups in one minute. I started on week 4 and completed it to week 6 and I've had serious gains in the amount of pushups I've been able to do. I also applied the same program, but instead of pushups, I'm doing it with situps. It's tough for situps but it works well. As far as runs, I've had some big gains in time by running about 2 miles, with a 1 minute sprint every 2 minutes.

Just some food for though, if you got any tips feel free to share'm.

ak47

Long time waiting for PRK waiver

It's four weeks I wait for the PRK waiver, I can not get reply from the OCS package processor. I really confuse how long need for the waiver.