• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ocs

Status
Not open for further replies.

makoslim

Air candidate 188
I don't think Ive ever seen a mminimum age... so my guess (key word is guess) would be 18. You need to have a tertiary degree or be in the process of receiving one; since most students are 18-19 between Frosh and Soph years, Id say that is the youngest you can be. For an accurate answer, I would read up at htpp://www.OCS.usmc.mil or talk to your OSO.

samadma

OCC-169 Grad
Age for OCS:
-17-28 (Parent or Guardian Can Give Permission for 17 year olds).
-For flight you have to be commissioned before you're older than 27 1/2
-To be a laywer you can be waivered up to 33.

Age waivers are not popular unless you're a prior service Marine with a high PFT Score. Especially for Air (almost impossible).

I hope that answers your question.

muc1

To add to samadma response,

For ground you need an age waiver after 28 up to 30 years old. After 30, you need an exception to policy waiver. The ability to get any of these waivers depends on the needs of the core (are they meeting there recruiting mission with younger candidates). I was selected without prior service at age 31. Since I was NPQ’d, I’ll have to find out if 32 will work…. All candidates require a 225 PFT to obtain a first class – no age biased scale is used at OCS.

I was told that age waivers for flight are much harder to get, but the scuttlebutt around 187 was that the age for flight was being increased to 28 1/2 before a waiver was needed. Has anyone else heard of this?

semperfimelissa

Samadma are you sure 17 is the minimum age for OCS? I read somewhere recently that the minimum age to become a marine officer is 20.

Crowbar

None
Going to OCS and getting commissioned don't necessarily happen in a 1-2 combination. There are people who go to OCS and don't get commissioned for 3 years after they finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.