• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ngtippit

I'm slotted for the 5 January 2002 OCS class and was curious as to what I should do to prepare. What is this Big 3 stuff I should memorize? Also I'd like to know about where people are on the PFT when they arrive. My running and situps are strong but my pushups are not quite there. Any help as to what to look forward to would be greatly appreciated.

I'd like to hear people's thoughts about what it's like on the other side of flight training too. I'm new to much of this and am just trying to get as much info as I can.
Thanks
Trey

Ed Williams

The big three will save you come RLP time, no doubt. Lately the officer portion of the RLP is hard. The average officer hit total over the past 2 classes has been near 7, which makes passing tough. Fou 4th week, know chain of command, General orders, and Code of conduct, verbatim. Also make sure you know rank structure for both Navy and Marines. All the other knowledge questions you will learn while you are there. If you know the big 3 plus rank structure cold, you will have a good start. As for the in PRT, my class had a speed demon. his in PRT was a 7:20 on the run, 120 push-ups and 140 sit-ups, he was extreme. On average, most of my class was between 9:00-10:00 on the run, 70-90 pushups and 80-105 situps. If your push-ups are weak, work on them perfectly. Be sure that you can do atleast 40 perfect pushups when you enter.

ngtippit

Thanks for the info Ed. I'm still in the dark though as to what the big 3 actually are. I'm not sure what RLP is either. Could you clear that up for me? In terms of the pushups, I'm doing around 60 right now. What constitutes a perfect pushup? I appreciate all the help.
Trey

Ed Williams

The big three, if you go to the ocs web page, or if you ask your recruiter, you will find the code of conduct, general orders of a sentry, and chain of command. also know both navy and marine corps rank structure. RLP stands for room, locker, personel inspection. You will have one in your 4th week and one in the 9th week. Most find these to be the most difficult part of OCS. As for pushups. Your back must remain straight for the entire time. If it bends or bows at all, you are stopped and what ever your current count is, that is all you get. Your elbows must break 90 degrees when you go down and you must lock your arms when you come up, no exceptions. To graduate ocs you need 71 pushups, 87 sit-ups and a run time of 10:30. did that clear anything up?
ed

gt0767a

Got a question here? How many females (on average) are in an OCS class? I am not expecting more than a few, but would like to get an idea.

Christine

bizzin

I think that persons 2 and 3 depend on your class date, this is for Nov 3 class, 12-02.

Chain of Command you will be required to know is as follows:
1. Section Leader: Changes Daily
2. Class Chief Petty Officer Vigil, USN and Class Drill Instructor, GYSGT Burns, USMC
3. Class Officer: Lieutenant Sanders, USN
4. Battalion Officer in Charge: Lieutenant Commander Cooper, USN
5. Assistant Director of Officer Candidate School: Lieutenant Commander Clinton, USN
6. Director of Officer Candidate School: Commander Kallio, USN
7. Executive Officer, Naval Aviation Schools Command: Commander Hogan, USN
8. Commanding Officer, Naval Aviation Schools Command: Captain Weideman, USN
9. Chief of Naval Air Training: Rear Admiral Noyington, USN
10. Chief of Naval Education and Training: Vice Admiral Harms, USN
11. Chief of Naval Operations: Admiral Clark, USN
12. Secretary of the Navy: The Honorable Gordon England
13. Secretary of Defense: The Honorable Donald Rumsfeld
14. Vice-President: The Honorable Richard Cheney
15. President: The Honorable George W. Bush

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
#9 was at my winging... think I got a little too sloshed that night, at one point found myself talking to him with a little voice in the back of my mind saying "dude your drunk, don't say anything stupid!!" (yeah right), then again there were 30 or so other newly minted aviators in the room just as plastered as myself, and another 60 or so IPs, friends and fellow students partying just as hard.

Oh well, random tangent....

Kyle McWhirter

Bizzin-

I had the exact same class team for 26-01. Sounds like you are going to have quite the OCS experience...j/k. You should be fine. Good luck!

Jeff

Trey,

I wouldn't worry about this stuff to much. I would more recommend to relax before you get there, and if you have some time familiarize yourself with the big 3 and the rank structure. Although it doesn't feel like it when you get there you will have plenty of time to learn these things while you are there. If by chance you do have time before you get there to memorize them you will make your first few weeks a little less stressful. Also, just remember that things change, you shouldn't have to worry about this, but when I went through earlier this year half of my chain of command changed on me two days before RLP and we had to know all the changes. That's just how things go though. I wish you the best if luck with OCS, and remember its only 13 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.