• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS uniforms navy

Status
Not open for further replies.

ldahla

i sensed a little sarcasm (spelling) about the haircut question...i was just curious. i'm sorry some of us aren't as informed as most of you, but i just wanted a straight out answer. i wasn't sure and i guess i'm still not because i don't know if you were telling the truth! just answer a question, you don't have to be smart. thanks! let me know if you were serious about no haircuts...it might have been answered before, but i'm a new member and haven't gone over all the old posts!

austinfalnes

They do give you haircuts. The Navy wants to keep its people looking sharp.

Now, all joking aside, your question WAS pretty rediculous. The uninformed civilian needs only to watch ANY military movie (full metal jacket, etc) to see that trainees have almost zero hair.

ldahla

well yea i guess i knew that. i guess all i was wondering is if they make sure everyone has the same haircut, or it they just want it to be short? (like do you have to have a crew cut is what i was wondering, or just short hair)

PU Grad

MAC flight user
pilot
the USMC has "high and tight". Not sure if the Navy does something similar. From what I have heard just about everyone will get a haircut.

Kobyra

moestud

When I was there the guys basically had their heads shaved, when it grew back, they could get the high and tight (just look at any picture of a marine). they girls got a similar butcher, think it couldn't be more than 2 inches in any direction. Dont' worry about cutting it before because they are going to cut it regardless.

Don't worry about guys razzing you about your questions, I wish I had this post before I joined the navy. I watched and officer and a gentleman about 6 times thinking it would help prepare me, don't bother!
bouncy_125.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.