• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS uniforms navy

Status
Not open for further replies.

ldahla

just curious, what do the uniforms look like that you have to wear when you are at OCS for the navy? can someone explain the attire..?

also, do they give you a hair cut when you get there?

just trying to picture it...
respond please!

Fredster809

I haven't been yet, but know tons of people who have. The every day uniform I believe is Khakis. There are also inspections in whites(choker like Top Gun graduation) and less formal whites.

NuSnake

nope, no haircuts, your hair can be as long as you like for the entire OCS experience. That way when the DI gets pissed at you, he can just drag you outside by your hair and beat the hell out of you.

Dumb questions about haircuts get dumb answers....

NeoCortex

Castle Law for all States!!!
pilot
That and the fact that it's been answered 3 or 4 times before. Try looking at the posts first.

Ben

NuSnake

hey neo, did you get an OCS date yet, I couldnt remember if we were in or nearly in the same class or not..??

NeoCortex

pilot
I had to get PRK so my App goes in on Jan 19th now, who knows when I"m going to actually get a date. When was your date? I'm hopping for a July slot.

Ben

NeoCortex

pilot
Most people have a problem with waiting for something that they really want. That doesn't mean that I can't/won't do it. I've wanted to be a pilot since I was a kid, but I didn't do it out of high school, because I couldn't. So I waited, as I am doing now. Call it the anticipation that kills if that makes you feel better.

Ben

signud

Final Select SNA
Funny, the only part about the whole process that bothered me was waiting on my recommendations to come in. I'm actually relieved that the process is now out of my hands because I've done all that I could and good news or bad news I know I've tried my best up to this point. So in the mean time I'll just wait to see what the review board thinks of me and pray for a pro-rec so I can move on to the next stage.

NavyWannabe

The anticipation/wait is tough but it is worth it, no doubt. While I found a sense of relief just getting the application in, the anticipation started building again as the days went by.

Signud are you doing anything to prepare your FINDOCS? I got the impression from my recruiter and his LT that the faster you can turn things around from getting the pro rec to submitting the FINDOCS the better your chances are for getting final selection. We will find out if it is true. I got my pro rec on Oct 28th and had the FINDOCS done by Nov 15th.

NeoCortex

pilot
Good luck NavyW, and I know what you mean Signud, I just always feel like I should be doing SOMETHING!!! anything that could help my app. (that's why I"m getting my PPL). Navy, did you have your security paperwork done before you got your pro rec?

Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.