• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Timeline

fission00

I graduate in one year (May 2023). Contacting recruiter this week and hopefully can put together a packet and get selected before I graduate so I can go to OCC as soon as possible. Anyone ever have a timeline similar to this? What was your experience? Is it safe to assume that I will most likely have to wait a while after graduating to get to OCC, especially if I'm looking to go pilot? Southeast.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I graduate in one year (May 2023). Contacting recruiter this week and hopefully can put together a packet and get selected before I graduate so I can go to OCC as soon as possible. Anyone ever have a timeline similar to this? What was your experience? Is it safe to assume that I will most likely have to wait a while after graduating to get to OCC, especially if I'm looking to go pilot? Southeast.

Each experience and applicant can vary. Reach out to a marine corps OSO to learn more about the process.

BusterScruggs

Reach out to your OSO ASAP. One year should be enough time if you start working on your PFT and ASTB now. I sat down for my first interview in July of 2021 and attended PLC Juniors this past May. I know several people who started the process around the same time as me and are at OCC right now.

fission00

Reach out to your OSO ASAP. One year should be enough time if you start working on your PFT and ASTB now. I sat down for my first interview in July of 2021 and attended PLC Juniors this past May. I know several people who started the process around the same time as me and are at OCC right now.
I have a meeting with my OSO next Friday. Any advice on anything such as what to wear, treat it like a job interview, etc? This will be my first time meeting a recruiter in person.

MarineBob

Interesting reading these posts. USMC sure ain’t what it used to be. Back then, you either wanted to be a Marine or not. You didN’t have to ask all sorts of questions. You just did it. OSO’s have quotas, if they got too many bodies, tough luck. If not enough, sign here.