• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS selection process (NFO first choice)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jryn

Hi All,

I am prior enlisted and applied to OCS in August. I still have not received word on whether or not my application has been approved or denyed. I ask
my recruiter for status updates but he does not provide them. I'm in limbo until I hear something and know whats going on.

Has anyone else who applied for NFO been waiting months and months to receive a "PROREC"?

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
CNRC does not provide status reports to your recruiter about applications. The first he will hear, unless there is a real question, will be either PRO REC or nonselect. Then, after you send in the FINDOCS, you hear nothing until the final select/nonselect. No status reports, just weeks of waiting. Good Luck.

austinfalnes

wink..

I am under the impression from my recruiter that the PORT report does provide a status. That is, it lists a date received, ASTB scores, date reviewed by selection boards, and any pro rec's

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
PORT does provide that info. I didn't think it was the type of info jryn was looking for. Aside for verifying the date received, there is little there. It will confirm the ASTB score you were told on test day. Big deal. I haven't seen one correction by machine to our local score yet. Date reviewed by the board is within a day or so of the final PRO REC. Sometimes the same date. So like I said. No real update until you hear PRO REC. If you really want confirmation that you app was received, he can tell ya. The rest is worthless to the poor bloke waiting for the final select.

jasmontoya

It took me two months to get my PRO REC. That was in early September. I am still waiting for final selection. Maybe Santa will bring me what I really want.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Not if you told the Docs at MEPS you still believe in Santa :).

aoconnor

It took me around 4-5 months to hear any word. I applied in Sept03 and heard I was accepted Feb03. Talk about a torturous wait. Now I report to OCS 24JAN03 on an NFO billet.

wusappenin

None
"I applied in Sept03 and heard I was accepted Feb03. Talk about a torturous wait. Now I report to OCS 24JAN03 on an NFO billet."

funny dates

-GREAT SCOTT! 1.21 GIGAWATTS!

jryn

Thanks for this info everyone. It's a big help but I have been waiting over 4 months for either PROREC or nonselect. To me, it seems like my paperwork is lost. Millington did lose my DD 214 twice already.

NFO814

The end does come though. I first applied in April. I got prorec in September! Afterall the paperwork (and I'm a naturalized citizen, so it was worse) I received my letter from Millington last Thursday with my OCS date of 14 Aug 04. I will go through as a NFO. Keep your head up!

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
I got a pro-rec from SWO and NFO. My recruiter gave me the impression that since I had a pro-rec, all I had to do was meet the requirements for the program and I would be approved. He didn't tell me anything about a final selection process. Would they pro-rec me and not final select me?

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Vette - yes you can be pro-rec'd and not "selected." It is a rare thing but it can and does happen. There's some people on this site who have seen it first hand.

hobbz

Final Select NFO
Hi all, I'm new here to the forum. First post and all.

I'm sure you guys can clear up a bit of confusion. I'm assuming PROREC is the approval of your application, and then the final selection is done after the police record checks, security clearance, MEPS phys, and PRT are all completed? Is the only reason a person wouldn't be selected after getting a PROREC due to failure to meet the standards of the FINDOCS?

My application for NFO (OCS) was sent in today. Most of my FINDOCS are done with the exception of the MEPS physical and the PRT.

Status
Not open for further replies.