• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Running shoes

Status
Not open for further replies.

wusappenin

None
for all those going to ocs, make sure you know your feet! i used to work at a sporting goods place and know tons about shoes. if you're flat footed, you probably over pronate. a shoe like the asics 2000 series (2080 or 2090, depending on the year/season) would be good for you. if you have a high arch, you might supinate, and that same asics 2090 would be the worst thing you can have, especially at ocs where we'll be running a lot. i see people get horrible injuries because they dont do research and buy the wrong shoe. the new balance 715 shoe talked about above would be horrible for me because i supinate; it's made for an over-pronator. i prefer new balance shoes though. quality shoes, last long, different widths. if in doubt, i say get a NEUTRAL shoe. if the guy selling it to you has no idea what that means, go somewhere else or check online and do your research. we're gonna run a bunch, we might as well do something for our feet.

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Does supinate mean the same as under pronate? I under pronate and was wondering if you had any suggestions. I've tried New Balance before and the particular pair I had was uncomfortable. I switched to the Nike Shox and they are really comfy, but they look a little flashy for my tastes. Should I look for something different when this pair wears out?

wusappenin

None
supinate, i dont even know if i even spelled that right, means rolling out. take a look at your running shoes right now and see where there is the most wear. if it's on the inside, you over-pronate. on the outside means you supinate. the wet foot test is right most of the time, but not always! look at your shoes. i have a flatter foot which normally means i over-pronate, but instead, i supinate. therefore any shoe with a rebound on it, wont work for me. if the shox work for you, stick with them. they're a bit too pricey for me.

vince

satin_patriot

I've heard several different things about taking shoes with you for use at OCS. i know you have to have running shoes with you to use until they issue your new ones (uniform issue is a huge question mark for me because i've heard we have to pay for everything ourselves, but i've also heard that we get a uniform allowance to pay us back-- does anyone know?). I've heard of people taking 2 pairs with them-- one to use, and one for MTTs or RLPs-- then not being allowed to use them or being required to get the issued ones as well.

So, IS there somebody who has already been to OCS who has correct gouge on this??

Satin

austinfalnes

I'm trying to get ready for my PRT if i am selected for BDCP. I ran XC in high school, but haven't been running much at all for a while....i bought some shoes, which i thought were nice, the Brooks Adrenaline GTS, but when i run anywhere other than a treadmill the shoes do a number on my shins...even if i do a short run....but i can run forever on the treadmill....

is this because they are the wrong kind of shoe (i think i'm a mild overpronator) or because the treadmill is so much softer, or a combination of both?

I've got to get my ass in gear soon on the running end of things....

Status
Not open for further replies.