• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS reduced to 12 weeks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

twoshots02

AMDO - 13 Nov OCS
This just in from my OCS mentor. OCS has been reduced to 12 weeks instead of 13 weeks.

I would guess this is in response to the new online courses you must take before you get there but don't quote me on that.

If someone can verify that would be great but this did come from some at OCS.

spr

I am in the August 7th class and have heard nothing from my recruiter about an online course. Please elaborate or you might give me a coronary otherwise. But I'll take the one less week of OCS for sure.

R

RickyDT34

this is a quote from BornCreole from another thread:
"Like 2shots says thats all there is to it. Email them from the OCS site and ask for one. Here is the info I got on the NKO.

1. Go to the Navy Knowledge Online website at: https://wwwa.nko.navy.mil/
2. If you do not already have a NKO account, click on the "NKO Registration" link and follow the directions to establish an account.
3. Once you are logged into NKO, click on the button for "Personal Development" Then go to "My Education".
4. On the "My Education" page in the upper right hand corner there is a graphic showing some motivating Navy pictures and the text "CLICK HERE TO ACCESS NAVY ELEARNING". Click on this picture to take you to Navy eLearning.
5. On the Navy eLearning page there is a menu down the left hand side of the screen. Click on the bottom button "Advanced Search"
6. On the search page click in the box under "Course Title", enter "OCS", and click the "Search" button.
7. Four topics should come up: OCS Service Etiquette, OCS Naval History, OCS Military Training Requirements, and OCS Physical Readiness Training.
8. To subscribe a topic click on its name and then click on the "Enroll Now!" button.
9. Once you are enrolled in the topics, click on the "My Enrollments" tab on the top of the screen.
10. From the "My Enrolments" page you can click on the "Launch!" button to take the course or click on the "Progress" button to check your current progress in the course.

The Naval History is 9 chapters and will take a while to do. You can print out the Studyguides to help prepare for the Exam (reading on the computer hurts my eyes after a while). It is good to have as you are going through the lessons. The other 3 can be done in about an hour each.

hope this helps"

It comes from the thread OCS online.

gnorman911

I just got an email from a Lt. OCS has been reduced to 12 weeks. At least for our class, which is Aug 21. So looks like we are going to be done a little early...

twoshots02

AMDO - 13 Nov OCS
Actually Mike thats how I got the name twoshots :p

But in this case I got this from the same source as gnorman911 :)

For those of you that have not yet done so go to the OCS website and choose contact us. Do the request a mentor thing. They will contact you and help you get setup with the online courses. You will want to do this soon. You will get a temp mentor until you get a class officer assigned who will then take over as your mentor.

There was quite an issue on getting some of us onto the online course system so I would recommend working with the mentors.

MikenColo

I haven't had any luck at all in requesting a mentor. For a long time the link was down. I finally got through on July 7 and still haven't heard back from anyone. I tried to register on the NKO site and it won't let me. I guess that I'm just going to make a nuisance of myself until I get some type of result.

Welcome to the military, huh? :banghead_ :p

eaw75

mikencolo, don't make a nuisance of yourself. they will remember that and it will make for unpleasant times. the key to OCS is flying under the radar for as long as possible. the other way is the hard way, believe me. I was class adjutant from week 2 on, the entire staff knew me, beat downs were frequent.... just because it amused them.

MikenColo

Actually, I just got it resolved. The link was originally down. When it went back up I believe it was the wrong link. I tried again and got an immediate response. It just took a little persistence to find out when the technical issue was resolved.

Nukewife425

Nukes wife
It has been reduced, starting with class 01-05. My husband is in it and he told me today, I am so happy!!

twoshots02 said:
What exactly did you to to recieve such love from them liteninfastchkn?

eaw75

twoshots02 said:
What exactly did you to to recieve such love from them liteninfastchkn?

oh, I don't know, because I was a captive audience. I was "selected" adjutant by the class drill instructor, when I wasn't present. I was always in the "house of pain", usually four DIs with me, and it resulted in endless push-ups, bends and thrusts, eight count body builders. once the other DI's learned my name, I was being called down when my DI wasn't around. they would change the office entry procedures every time. hanson loved to poke his finger as close to my eye ball as possible, without actually gouging it out.

funny thing is, I thought I was finished with marines when I graduated. I haven't stopped working for the crazy *******s since my commision. actually, its not all that bad, marines are pretty cool to work with.

JayManC

yes, OCS has been reduced to 12 weeks, my class 01-05 was the first to matriculate under this, however we were not required to have the online courses completed, and they would not substitute the online courses for actual class time, the only thing lost on the extra week was the YP ride, which i was actually looking fwd to. i would advise you to def bring your printout from that online class perhaps it may permit you to sleep an extra hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.