• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS quotes

GTodd

So who had 1st Lt Mclelan (no disrespect ment if spelled wrong, that would be one 300 word essay), er he's a Capt. now, hew was my plt co, freakin' awesome.

..... "Your oso must hate me, again not that funny now, but damn when you are there everything is funny.

Xeo111

The folks from 1st Increment India '04 would appreciate this:

"'Ey, where's Smith at? Stand up, Smith!"
*3 Smiths stand up*
"W-Woa woa! What the hell!!"
Apparenlty the GySgt didn't know there was more than one Smith in the company. Well...you had to be there.

wildflyin69

Grad of OCS 187 Charlie Co. 3rd Plt.
yeah he was great...one cand. was freaking out during one of his inspections...

Capt. M : "Here's an easy knowledge question.. Who's the Vice President of the U.S.?"
Cand. : "....This Candidate does not know."
CaptM (after a few secs. of staring): "um..what?"
Cand. :"This cand. is not sure sir."
CaptM : "Name any elected official, anyone at all."
Cand : "um..uh...this cand does not know..."
CaptM: "How about a class president?"

I was working so INCREDIBLY hard not to bust out laughing...that was a great inspection...lol

motiv8r

How about this one. I can't believe I forgot it. SSgt Wright during inspection:

SSgt: "You know who you remind me of, candidate? That retarded kid, Timmy, from South Park. What's your 11th general order?"
Cand: "This candidate's 11th general order is: To be especially watchful at night, and during--"
SSgt [using "Timmy" voice]: "Timmah!"
Cand: "During the time for challenging, to challenge--"
SSgt: "Timmah?"
Cand: "To challenge all persons on or near my post, and--"
SSgt: "Timmah!! Timmatimmatimmah!!!!"

etc.

I was biting my lip so hard to keep from laughing, it started bleeding, I nit you shot.

JDawg2332

Getting some since 1775
motiv8r said:
Someone should compile a list of the greatest OCS essay topics ever. Here are my nominations:

"Why this candidate is a retard and how this candidate plans to cure his retardation"

"A 300 word history of the road guard vest"

"What this candidate is trying to do to the Staff Sergeant's beloved Marine Corps"

"Why there is no such thing as a Platoon Instructor"

"The difference between a Platoon Sergeant and a Sergeant Instructor"

"Manual of arms for scratching one's ass"

and my favorite.....

"What's so funny" As in, "heythereyoohoo, you owe me 300 words. Topic? What's so daggone funny"

Man, I almost miss Brown Field. As one other candidate so eloquently put it, it was by far the most fun I never, ever, want to have to have again.

That HAD to be GySgt Choice

my nomination:
The Importance of lying at the POA after lights out until given the order to "AAAHHH-JUST"

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
motiv8r said:
How about this one. I can't believe I forgot it. SSgt Wright during inspection:

SSgt: "You know who you remind me of, candidate? That retarded kid, Timmy, from South Park. What's your 11th general order?"
Cand: "This candidate's 11th general order is: To be especially watchful at night, and during--"
SSgt [using "Timmy" voice]: "Timmah!"
Cand: "During the time for challenging, to challenge--"
SSgt: "Timmah?"
Cand: "To challenge all persons on or near my post, and--"
SSgt: "Timmah!! Timmatimmatimmah!!!!"

etc.

I was biting my lip so hard to keep from laughing, it started bleeding, I nit you shot.

That's one of the best I've read. There's no way I would have been able to keep my bearing. Good stuff.

GTodd

Capt M was the best, funny, but a good Marine too, now I am not jacking this thread, I will leave a story when I am done. When I got sent home, everyone on the staff was shocked including 1slt M (now Capt) apparently the Navy Commander went strait to the Cl. and told him that I needed to be fixed at home, the short of it, CApt M looks at me and asks how did I do??? I was shocked and honored at the same time. Here is a man who just got back from Iraq, first Plt Co since like 'Nam to call a bayonet charge and he wants my opinion. Of cource I told him that he was locked on, not those words. And than to make it better. He shakes my hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 ANd tells me that if I am not back in a year that he would be pissed. MAde my day, softened the blow of going home. Fast foward a year, Last week at Grad. I see him, he looks right at me and says "...you, when you coming back?!!!" Freakin' awesome, who ever has him or had him is lucky.

Now for a funny, so we are doing the night imc and Capt M asks for all of his billet holders to step fpward, he then picks me and two other candidates and leads us through the imc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He was laughing the whole time!!!!!!!!!!!!! He then leads us over the log wall past the fireworks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The satff started yelling at him unitl they realised who he was, and the best part, he was carying a stick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He use to lead us durring the run cource and yell "... give me more candidates, some a@@ is traing to kill you..." Good freakin' Marine I hope I get him again. Sorry for the long post.

GTodd

I need to edit something. I wrote that Capt. M called a Bayont Charge, he didnt I goofed at 0200 in the morning, he called fix bayonets which is different but also tells you how close the enemy was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

peanut3479

pilot
I had (then 1stLt) McLellan as my platoon commander, and he was awesome! His Marines (engineers) did end up sticking about 15 protestors who were threatening them, by the way. I'll always rememeber him getting about a half an inch from your face when inspecting you and digging down to the bottoms of your pockets for IPs. He went through the IMC with us as well, and one of the SIs smacked him on the back of his kevlar and yelled at him until he finally just stood up and they realized who he was.

froghead1

SSgt Wright...

"I'm going to insert myself intravenously into you"

"I'd rather take my chances in the matrix"

"He should be decapitated"

Yeah, it must have been funny to hear him from outside our platoon...

inside, not so much.

Tiffak

One of the funniest from SSgt Wright to Candidate X from 1st Plt:

"X!! Unless your parasitic evil twin is going to come crawling out of your pack to do something right, get the hell out of my face!!"

(er, think you had to be there for that one)

GySgt Knapp to 1st after we were caught out of our racks after lights out (again):

"Ya'll are like a bunch of cockroaches! The lights come on and you scatter..."

SSgt Carr as she paces up and down the DI highway, before 'Adjust' (we just told her it was Candidate Y's b-day):

"Ya'll must think I'm some kind of A$$hole. Do ya? Do you think I'm an a$$hole?"
Candidates: "no SSgt!"
"Oh you don't, huh? You don't think I'm an a$$hole?! Fine..Candidate Y, 300 word essay due by 05. Pick the topic. Happy Birthday."

And finally, the favorite of the the 1st plt staff: "You nasty little candidates"

klostman

the happy dance!
I also had the privledge of having SSGT Wright for my instructor, E-3, 1st 1st Inc. He was absolutely hysterical. Hmmm, let me see if I can think of some of his classic lines...

"Eat that fruit cup, I don't care if its frozen, eat it boy!"

"Where ya at TERD?" (reference to 3rd Plt) "Here SSGT! Naw, naw, naw, where ya TERD?"

I remember plenty of times our Platoon was in formation after noon chow, and we would be POA and SSGT Wright would walk around eyeballin' everyone and say "WHAT?" "OK!" like Lil' Jon the rapper. I think I bit a hole through my lip trying not to laugh.

I remember SSGT Wright went bowling with moonbeams one night when I was on Firewatch. "Hey candidate, wheres your friggin' moonbeam? Here SSGT. Takes my moonbeam, and goes bowling with it, hurles it on the floor from the 1st rack all the way down to were the rifles were secured. Then he would tell me I'm out of reg's without my moonbeam and make me retrieve it just so he could do it again. Everytime I would run to get it, I would just laugh to myself and say, "it could be worse."

"I'm the black devil."

"Are you a hedge hog Candidate?" "I'm the black hedge hog."

Oh man, good times.