• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Prep Ft. McCoy

MNU-OCS

I was 2nd Platoon, 3rd squad, 12. To me the weekend was a real learning experience. I enjoyed the land nav, o course, and the Marine Corps history class. It was one motivating weekend for sure. I have to make a note here BTW. I was in 2nd platoon and i saw the SI rip into that guy who called him gunny. First off, that guy was not prior enlisted as the ones that were priors were recognized. He had way less than stellar performance too. My problem with that guy is that he didnt learn his lessons. See by the time we were at the O course, it was just a reaction to say "Aye, gunnery sergeant!". It was premeditated to call him "Aye, Gunny!" there is no other explanation for that, especially with that guy being civilian. The SI knew his name in the first few hours of the weekend. He NEVER knew my name or much of the others names. Now, this is just hearsay, and i CANNOT base this on my own observations however i heard that every time the SI would get in his face the candidate would stare him down the whole time. Its an attitude problem. I was in the platoon and i saw it all first hand. Im sure everyone makes mistakes when at OCS, there is no question as i made mistakes this weekend. But there is a difference between ignorant mistakes and an attitude problem.

All in all that weekend was the best thing that could have prepared me mentally for OCS. Stay motivated candidates, PT like OCS is tommorow, and read your candidates regulations. Do everything you can to know everything before you go there. Oorah candidates go get em!

Semper Fi

batman527

Banned
I knew I couldn't be the only guy in that platoon that there were some attitude problems. I repeatedly heard the SI say something to the effect of "why the hell are you eyeballing me?" Personally, I think it would take a lot of balls to stare down Gunnery Sergeant Danberry, I wouldn't want to give him ANY reason to notice me.

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
I was sitting in the very front row like 4 feet away from the SDIs when they came in. All that I could think was 'holy ****, they look like the meanest mofos I've ever seen in my life!'

Then I saw the SSG, and I was like 'holy **** that IS the meanest mofo I have EVER seen in my life!'

I could literally feel my pulse triple in like 10 seconds

MNU-OCS

LOL, they looked like a bunch of pitbulls just waiting to chew us up. I swear i saw chairs flying and i think maybe a candidate here and there as i was fighting my way out the door!

batman527

Banned
MNU-OCS said:
That guy had eyeballs the size of golfballs! LOL

No doubt! Whenever he got angry they looked like they were going to explode out of skull, fly to the nearest living thing, and kill it. They were also two of the bluest eyes I've ever seen. The color just added to the intensity they could radiate. He was the only SI there where you could tell that he's like that all the time, meaning that it's not just the way he talks to Candidates, he talks to everyone like that. He looked so damn uncomfortable during the question and answer periods. I almost felt bad for him because he seemed so not at ease. Then I remembered how he'd been making me feel for the past two days, and I didn't feel too bad anymore.;)

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
DanielSon said:
No doubt! Whenever he got angry they looked like they were going to explode out of skull, fly to the nearest living thing, and kill it. They were also two of the bluest eyes I've ever seen. The color just added to the intensity they could radiate.
Glad you spent so much time looking into another dude's eyes... ;) :D

batman527

Banned
eddie said:
Glad you spent so much time looking into another dude's eyes... ;) :D

Haha, it was hard to miss man. Any time he said anything to you he would just melt you with that stare. I was damn impressed.

jackrabbit

I was in SSgt W.'s platoon, and I knew I was in for a ride when I saw him. Here's a pic off the OCS website.
photo18.jpg

He really turned out to be interesting, and he somewhat took it easy on us after the second afternoon though.

batman527

Banned
When he walked into the room, this is exactly the image that crossed my mind. Good to know that I'm not the only one who peruses the pics at the OCS site.