• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS or BDCP?

Lobster

What is the best and most sure path to get a Naval Aviation Slot, OCS or BDCP?

BDCP requires you to go to OCS when you graduate, either way you're going to OCS. BDCP is much more competitive because the Navy is paying you to get your degree then continue on to OCS.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
OCS and BDCP are equally sure paths of getting into Naval Aviation. BDCP is more competitive to get into (for obvious monetary reasons) but both guarantee you a pilot seat if you don't DOR or attrite.

Might I recommend you start 1 thread with all your questions instead of a new thread each time a question pops into your head (especially since they are all basically the same/similar questions).

Junkball

"I believe in ammunition"
pilot
Package Deal: BD(OCS)CP

What is the best and most sure path to get a Naval Aviation Slot, OCS or BDCP?

OCS is included with BDCP. If you're asking about signing up for OCS after paying your way through college yourself v. being committed during school, and PAID like royalty, while not doing anything for the Navy, it's pretty much a no-brainer.

BDCP is pretty much the best deal the military has to offer while you are in school. If you can figure out what you want to do, and stick with it, BDCP is the way to go. Also, you are guaranteed a community in the contract.

JayPull85

So as long as I didn't DOR I would have a guranteed Pilot slot?
Sry I'm leavin for startin college in August and I want to have everthing set. Second chances don't exist anymore.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Sry I'm leavin for startin college in August and I want to have everthing set. Second chances don't exist anymore.

As long as you don't DOR (quit voluntarily), attrite (fail or get removed by the administration), or become NPQ (Not Physically Qualified- you fvck yourself up medically or some disqualifying condition comes out that you didn't know about) at OCS and all of flight school, you WILL be a pilot.

But, be that as it may, PEOPLE QUIT. You may find it surprising, but there were MANY people at OCS who on quit (even a few on day 1!) because they had no idea what they were getting into. Even in flight school, people who wanted to be pilots forever, quit because they didn't realize what flight school was going to be like.

If you KNOW this is for you, and are willing to get through the tough times, then good on ya and put that application in.

jitiola

Tengo La Camisa Negra!!!!
If your in the position submit a BDCP package (in school) right now I'd say go for it; your going to have to go to OCS either way and the BDCP benefits definitely wouldn't hurt at the moment. If you don't get accepted you can always apply for OCS after you complete school.
Good luck

Junkball

"I believe in ammunition"
pilot

You have TWO YEARS of second chances, if you plan to graduate in 4. You're not even eligible for BDCP yet... when I went off to college, I was rushing around trying to find the golden road into the military like you. My advice to you is to relax, enjoy the first couple years, but work hard and keep your nose clean.

You have plenty of time to find your way, whether it be military or civil aviation. I am an Aviation Flight Science major, like what you're looking into. If you're going to be a civilian pilot its the right choice. If you want to fly military, find another (CHEAPER) technical degree. I'm spending about $60,000 more than necessary for little benefit to my career, besides knowing how not to step on impact-absorbing seats.