• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS & NFO training with spouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelly

D_macs Wife
There are several different uniforms. There are your working khakis which are everyday wear. Then you have liberty whites, dress whites, and two different blue uniforms. If you are on on base liberty you are allowed to wear the khakis, if going off base you are required to wear either your liberty whites, or blues which ever the season. Right now they are the blue, which include pants, long sleeve shirt, tie, and officer cover. You have certain unifroms just for your inspections, liberty, and special occassions. NO regular clothing while in OCS. Beware they are VERY expensive!!!! I think at this point, we have a bill for uniforms that is running about $2,500. Which includes all the uniforms and pt gear, and shoes. They give you a one time kick-back on the cost of about $750.00. As far as after OCS it depends on were you are going I think. I know during flight school you were a green flight suit, and I beleive your working khakis.

Candi-O phase starts at the beginning of your 11th week, you are in this phase until graduation. At this point you have a lot of free time. This is were you show off your leadership skills you have learned up to this point.
Kelly

kelly

D_macs Wife
Well, in the mornings right now its cold in P'cola, so they have sweatshirts and sweatpants that say Navy OCS on them. Then they also have green shorts and plain white t-shirts they wore when it was warmer.

SomeLikeItHot

My husband is in the Jan 4 ocs class and I need to know how to know when to finalize flight plans for the graduation day, and if it will fall on a weekday or weekend?

ATrentUSMC

I am a Lt. at the Basic School in Quantico VA, and will be graduating March 19, 2004, then heading down to API. I am getting married March 27, 2004. My command told me I probably will have enough travel time to Pensacola to get married, but I have not received my orders yet and wont until sometime in Feb. Is there someone I can talk to about having enough leave between TBS and API to get married. I am worried I will have to report before March 27 and miss my rehearsal dinner and wedding.

2nd Lt. Trent, USMC

kelly

D_macs Wife
Hottie- My husband graduates on Jan.30, and I am just starting to make plans. About the 10th or 11th week of OCS would be the best time to start booking stuff. Up to that point in there training they can be rolled back a couple of weeks, or get hurt and be put in holding. My husbands class started with 50 people and at this point has about 32 or so left. So it is possible that his graduation date will not be the same. So in all I would suggest waiting unitl at least the 10th week.

ATrentUSMC-While in OCS you are gaining leave time. My husband has enough time built up that he is taking 30 days leave after OCS so he is taking the whole month of Feb. off. About the 9th week you have a brief about your orders, and at that point you can put in for some leave. Do as long as you don't roll for any reason, you should be able to ask for leave and not run into any problems.
kelly

Dave Shutter

As for securing in OCS: Yes, the 4'th week RLP is huge. You must pass it individualy and your class avg must be passing as well. You will have also taken one or two tests at this point also and your academic avg as a class and individually is also a factor. It must be above a certain percentage (85%, I think) and your individual avg. must be that high as well for liberty. One friend of mine really tanked the first test and despite high scores on following tests his avg. didn't get above the mark until our last test. He was secured all through OCS and didn't get liberty until we were candi-O's. Your class team can secure you or your entire class if you screw up or for whatever they see fit. You really have to hose up for that to happen though. Work as a team.

Crowbar

None
Originally posted by ATrentUSMC
Is there someone I can talk to about having enough leave between TBS and API to get married. I am worried I will have to report before March 27 and miss my rehearsal dinner and wedding.

2nd Lt. Trent, USMC

Talk to your admin clerks and chain of command. Sometimes it's as simple as, "Hey, I need to change my orders." Other times it may involve your chain of command calling HQMC and asking for an orders mod. Usually not a big deal unless you have a class date set in stone or some other event you have to be around for. Talk to admin and chain of command and they can help you out more.

NFOtoBE

VP-5 NFO
D_macs_wife: The NFO's and Pilots have different types of orders after OCS.
The NFO will have PCS orders to API which authorizes house hold goods shipments and dependent travel. A Pilot will only have Temp Duty Under Instruction orders to API and therefore is not authorized HHG shipment nor dependent travel. This is because the NFO will be attending Primary at Pensacola after API guaranteed and the pilot will not stay in Pensacola after API. Even the orders to Whiting Field are not guaranteed thus they do not meet the 90 day requirement for PCS orders. Hope this answers your question.
Shane

D_mac05

Foxtrot Driver
pilot
NFOtoBE,

Thanks for the response to my wife. That kind of explains it. I was told by a detailer in one of the many briefs here at OCS that when I receive my orders during my 10th week of OCS, I will know where I'll be reporting to Primary. He also told me that I could take my orders to PCS and have a move authorized, however from many sources, I found that not to be true.

CARJAK

I have a question for you all. I am designated SNA and I'm aware that my wife most likely will not accompany me to API under PCS orders. My question is will the Navy pay to have our household goods stored. My wife and child are planning on visiting her mother while I attend OCS and possibly API. We have put our house on the market to be sold, and will be placing all of our household goods in storage. Is it likely I will be reimbursed for this?

kelly

D_macs Wife
CARJAk-I am not sure if they will or not, but the is exactly what we did. D-mac05 and I have twin 18 month old daughters, and another on the way. We sold our home and I moved in with my parents, and stored all of our belongings. I doubt they pay for the storage, actually I am quit sure they don't. I would ask who ever you report to.
Kelly

Status
Not open for further replies.