• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Med Question

Autoace

I am 24 years old, and I have scoliosis. This was the result of an old martial arts injury, wherein I sustained a right upslip in my hip, causing my hips to be offset.

I mistakingly assumed pain from the injury was due to a pulled hamstring, but it was actually nerve pain (slight radiation down back of left leg, similar to sciatica). When I run I have this pain, but if I run through it, it normally subsides. I also take a motrin regularly which helps. So long story short, my spine tried to compensate for my center of gravity, rapidly, over time.

It does not limit me from day to day life, and I work out (run, lift, etc) on a continuous basis. According to what I have read, your lumbar deviation cannot be 20 degrees or more (mine is 17 degrees) and your thoracic deviation cannot be 30 degrees or more (mine is 24). So, as far as I know, I am within functional limits to apply and get accepted to BDCP and then go to OCS in a year. Or get a waiver? I want to go Supply, Trans, Logistics.

Has anyone else had experience with OCS and managing their scoliosis in preperation for it. My goal is to make my back as strong as possible before I get their (hopefully in a year, which is plenty of time).