• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS- March 9th, 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gator

el-riddle,
BDCP stands for Bachelor Degree Completion Program. The short on it is that if you are accepted you receivve full pay (as an E-3 with chance for promotion) and benefits while you are in college. You are also guaranteed a shot at the job you want if you are selected. Both EOD Dave and I are on the program. You don't even have any knid of affiliation with ROTC, you just have to pass a semi-annual PRT while you are in the program.

Gator

I owe my luck of finding out about BDCP to EOD Dave. Although I think he only told me about it because he wanted to give me crap about leaving the Corps

supermeyers

EOD Dave,

My Dad was an EOD in '64-'68 and he has told me many stories (some good, more bad). My hat goes off to you.

Chris

gt0767a

Dave,

I failed the in-PFA by 3 seconds on my run. If for some reason you don't pass it, you have the chance to take it with the next incoming class and join with them. Until then, you PT a lot (2-3 times a day). I came in at the mins, but I also slacked off on PT the two weeks before I came. I suggest keep running and working on the pushup and situps if you are worried about it up until the day before you check in. If you have anymore questions feel free to ask.

Christine

dcstruble

Does the class numbering follow a pattern? If so, what would the class number be for those of us starting on March 10th?

Chuck D

EOD Dave and Gator
You guys still hangin around G-ville since you aren't leaving until the 9th?

Charlie

Gator

Charlie,
I'll be in Gainesville for another couple of months. The earliest I'll be able to go to OCS will be in June! Until then I'm just going to physcial therapy and working out. When are you done with shcool?

Edited by - gator on 02/23/2002 12:26:30

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
DC,

Our class # will be 20-02. The class starting today is 19-02.

Charlie,

I'm up in Chicago. Just moved the family up here while I goto OCS. Oh what fun!.

Dave

Gabe2surf

Luke,
BDCP is probably one of the best comissioning programs the Navy has. If accepted you get 2 to 3 yrs for non tech/tech degrees respectively to finish your degree and at the end of each semester you report to your recruiter with your grades up until the point where you graduate. After that, its off to OCS. The whole time you're in BDCP your are on active duty, which means you are medically insured and are building time toward retirement. Call your local recruiter, get the phone number for the officer recruiter in your area, and give him/her a call. They will answer all your questions about BDCP.

Chuck D

Gator,
I am finished with school in May and I am going to OCS June 15. I did not get accepted into BDCP because there was no money. But, I am just glad to have a pilot slot. If I get paid before I leave that's a bonus.

Charlie

EODDave

pilot
Super Moderator
I've been bumped again!!!

Now I've got orders to the April 6 Class!

WTF is up?

Atleast I'm getting paid. (BDCP)

UNREAL

Dave

EODDave

pilot
Super Moderator
Yeah, they said there were to many pilots in our class. They are now saying that there can only be 15 pilots per class. Well my recruiter showed me that there are 19 in the mar 23 class. So, I called CNRC and talked to Capt Spraeling, the head guy for deciding who goes to OCS and when. He told me that he can only send so many aviators to ocs in a given time right now. Something about to long of a wait at API and due to the fact that we will be stuck behind all the Academy and ROTC guys that graduate this spring. Sounds like they dont want to long of a wait at API. He told me to enjoy my BDCP money and my family. He actually told me to take a vacation! Cool guy, but I'm really disappointed.

On another note, he looked at my prior service record and warned me that he had just come back from a pow wow at OCS. Seems that prior service guys are having a problem playing the OCS game. He said that priors dont take the gunnys yelling at them to kindly. The remarks are "it's not like this in the fleet". He told be to just play the game. Hope that helps.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.