• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS- March 9th, 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duncan

I think I am. My recruiter told me March 10th, though. I think March 9th is on a Saturday. Good to finally hear from someone that will be in my class, I was starting to get a bit worried.

supermeyers

Welcome Duncan,
How is your training going? I've got a bum hamstring that I am currently putting through rehab. Too bad for an ex-cross country runner in high school. I'm starting my memorization this week on everything we need to know. Wish me luck!

Duncan

To be honest, I'm sore as hell and it's giving me a bit of insomnia. But I'd rather be suffering now, on my own terms instead of at the hands of a drill instructor in March. The minimums on the In-PRT are pretty low, but I'd like to have the peace of mind of being able to pass the Out-PRT before I get there. 5 weeks left to train, so I'm not sure that is a reasonable goal or not.

el_riddle

60 bubba
hey guys...
i'm actually leaving for ocs on the 23rd, so i'm sure you guys will be there to give me a hard time. but actually i've got a buddy from school in your march 9th class...kyle ashby, good guy - you'll be glad he's around. anyway good luck with your training and the gouge.
luke

dcstruble

See you on March 9, 2002. Excited, memorizing, and working out. Looking forward to the day I get to tell my current employer to talk a long walk off a short pier.

Where are people staying on March 9th?

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
I was suppose to be in the Feb 23 class, but looks like I am getting bumped to the March 9th class. Man when can I start. See you guys in P-Cola.

Dave

mklepac

Dave:

What happened? Why were you bumped again?? I was supposed to be in Feb 9 but got bumped to the 23rd. I'm definitly going Feb 23rd cause I got my orders.

Mike

EODDave

pilot
Super Moderator
I was in rehab for my legs, all better now, and they told me I was in the Feb 23 class. Now they are telling me that I never got orders to that class and that I'll be in the march 9 class. This is because the feb 23 class is full. Who knows? They say I should not be worried about it because I'm in BDCP and getting paid. However, I just want to get it on! I have been ready for this for a long time now. And I'm not getting any younger.

Dave

dcstruble

I've heard hints of sleep deprivation during OCS. Is there any truth to this? If so, how long does this go on?

Any stories of what to expect during the first week, other than the "Navy issue" information?

supermeyers

Well, four weeks ago I pulled my hamstring. I spent the last two weeks sans running, instead, I used light weights and a stationary bike as rehabilitation. I went running today and my hamstring is as bad as it ever was. So now I have a bad hamstring and I am not nearly in the shape I wanted to be in by now. I will ice it every night and do some stretching, but I am sure it won't be ready for OCS. That is going to make my first month even more uncomfortable than normal.

gt0767a

As for sleep at OCS, it is how much you want to get. They are adamant about sleeping btwn the hrs of taps and revielle. I get about 6 hrs every night, unless I have Watch. (gotta get up early to be ready for PT) Can't tell you much about the first week, it varies with every class. You'll just have to experience it for yourself. As for PT times, I suggest being well above the InPrt scores before you get here. I wasn't and ended up delaying training for a few weeks.
Well, looks like I might be indoc-ing your class. We become candio's the week before.
Well, gotta go study for my test on Wednesday.

Christine
OC Felice

dcstruble

I was hoping more people would post on our section. It seems like we're a class of three at this point - not really. How big is a normal class?

I went back and read old posts about holding our gouge books for hours on end during the first week. I can memorize and run, but I don't think there is anything that trains you for that.

Started running 2 miles twice a day - my calves are so sore. My uninformed employer still has no idea. 24 days and counting.

EODDave

pilot
Super Moderator
Christine,

Did you pass the in PRT with the mins or no? What did you do untill you classed up and how long did it take for you to class up?

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.