• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS length and advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

leimarfc

How long is OCS, is it the same length for both the NECEPS and midshipmen? Any advice for those who are yet to attend it?

leimarfc

P.S. What are some good training tips for the humps. Right now I workout 4 days a week with ROTC, 3 days with rugby, 1-3 days with the guys who are going to OCS next summer, and on my own during the weekend.

crysmc

MH-60S Pilot Wife
Super Moderator
Contributor
Navy OCS is 12 weeks long now no matter who you are, I believe.

dliu115

lieutenidate at tbs
plc comb = 10 weeks
plc jr/sr = 6 + 6 = weeks
nrotc/mecep = 6 weeks
tbs = 6 months

best way to train for ocs humps is to put a pack on your back, take a walk and start screaming "AT&T - reach out and touch someone"

SLU_fly_girl

USMC PLC Srs 2004
Bleima

Back in the day, the slogan for AT&T commercials was "reach out and touch someone". During the humps, the Instructors will say "AT&T" and the platoon echos back "reach out and touch someone". Of course you can't say it without doing it so you end up running until you can "reach out and touch" the pack of the candidate in front of you. It might not sound so bad, but imagine doing it every 2 min for a 7 mi hump. Eventually people keep falling further and further behind. It's really tons of fun! :icon_smil (note the sarcasm)

LIFTER

get your feet ready, especially if you blister easily.

it's been 5 weeks since I graduated from seniors and my feel are still all jacked up.

You could say AT&T "Reach out and touch someone," but if you can't perform up to standards you better have the phone number for FEDEX so you can work on your delivery.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I did my first hump yesterday, and I definitely sucked at AT&T. I got the nastiest blisters too, lost a couple layers of skin.

WTFover

Arctic Alpha
What helps with blisters is to wear your regular boot sock then put one of those dress socks they give you over the boot sock. That way the two socks will rub together instead of the boots sock and your feet.

Bobcat

PLC Sr.'s 05
AT&T, hahaha classic. I think these kids in the computer lab probably think I'm nuts for laughing hysterically for a minute. On our 9 mile hump one of our Sergeant Instructors made a candidate run up and down our platoon, counting all the candidates on each side. He wasn't doing it loud enough, fast enough, or accurately enough, so for the last two miles he kept running up and down.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I wore both a dress sock and a boot sock, but the blisters were still bad. When I took off my socks they were soaked in blood.

Status
Not open for further replies.