• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS help/suggestions for senior citizen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

47MIKE

Hey,

If the Navy won't give you a waiver, the Army will, if you have a desire to fly helicopters. I was 32 when I graduated from flight school, and I saw guys as old as 35 get selected.

Mike-

oldguy72

Time to serve. "Aut pax, aut bellum."
thanks...

I've actually spoken to an Army recruiter re. OCS and their helo programs. The guy seems to think he can get me in considering I hold a private pilots licence. However, it isn't current and the Army is such a different animal. I'm still hoping for Intel in the Navy but the other may become an option.
Thanks again..

KsLairsey

Intel/Crypto
Hi everybody.

I am 32 also trying to get into the OCS.

My recruiter sent me this website and a couple others to help study for the ASTB. I have been in contact with the recruiter for about a year. I have been losing weight so I can qualify. I am taking the ASTB on June 1st so I have 3 weeks to cram for the test.

I have been reading the posts and a lot of people have recommendations for Naval Officers. Can someone suggest how do I get these recommendations?

Thanks.

MikenColo

Hey, 32 isn't old!!!!! :icon_smil Just be prepared for a long process. By the time I get to OCS it will have been about a year and a half wait for me and I'll be 32.

I can say that I'm now in better shape than I was when I was 22. I had gotten fat & lazy in college and graduate school. I've heard that one of the problems people face in OCS is being homesick. I've been on my own long enough that I won't have a problem there. Plus I've had enough experience to know that this is what I REALLY want. So there are several advantages that us "old" guys have. Just play up those advantages in your motivational statement on you application.

04Hopeful

EA3 -> IS3 -> Intel O1(hopefully)
This maybe a "no brainer" but is there any coffee during breakfast at OCS or should I start drinking decaf now to kick the habit?

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
No Coffee Percy, get used to the Decaf, though the PT usually woke me up in the morning (you PT before breakfast), you're allowed coffee later on, but in general, it'd be in your best interest to cut down on your caffiene during OCS.

04Hopeful

EA3 -> IS3 -> Intel O1(hopefully)
Thanks for the input Thisguy...I can do without coffee for the first part of the morning but I do enjoy a good cup of joe later on, so when you mention "later on" do you mean later on in the morning or later on in OCS? ie after securing for example. I do agree though I will definitely start on using decaf and cutting down to only 10 cups/day ;-) j/k

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
"Later on" refers to when they let you have other goodies, probably when you secure. It was funny in my class, because they let us have the desserts after drill comp (I'm not exactly sure) and we all thought it was a trap so we didn't dare get cookies. One girl got a lot crap from other DIs for getting coffee in the chow hall (even though it was allowed). However, once you get liberty, you can inhale all the starbucks you want.

Hudson

You probably won't get coffee until you become a candi o. At least you won't in the chow hall. My class graduated in Jan. The more recent graduates might know of a change in this unwriten policy

Status
Not open for further replies.