• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS - fail to complete aviation, get kicked out of the navy?

CaptainRon

pilot
Contributor
As a former BDCP guy myself, I'm also curious if this applies to us the same as any other OCS grad. Does anybody know the policy on that?

Tom

pilot
Contributor
The instruction I read this morning said that if the Navy did not pay for your education (anyone who attended OCS, specifically excluding CEC and NUPOC) and you DOR, attrite or NPQ from flight training at any point you will be separated.

Beans

*1. Loins... GIRD
pilot
If you can't cut the mustard in the eyes of a civilian pilot, then you sure as hell won't make it a week into FAMS in a military training environment.

A week into FAMS? I don't know what they did for you in CC, but I found it pretty easy to get canceled five days in a row.

CPENgunner

The instruction I read this morning said that if the Navy did not pay for your education (anyone who attended OCS, specifically excluding CEC and NUPOC) and you DOR, attrite or NPQ from flight training at any point you will be separated.

Can you post a copy of this instruction or provide the instruction number. Im at Vance, so like Rugby_mike said, we don't get alot of Navy news.

Tom

pilot
Contributor
Don't have one. I just read a sheet, signed it and turned it in. There has to be some liaison officer there for you to work with to get you info like this.

Jeep_Shark

What seems to be the problem with passing IFS? As someone going NFO and having never flown a plane I wonder. What seems to be the most difficult part for those struggling with it?

i wouldnt get too worried about IFS, i have seen people get booted out for doing poorly, but it isnt easy to get kicked out or anything. Basically though, the stuff that gets you kicked out is stuff you cant really practice, you just do it (like landings). I made through and i am an SNFO with no flight time and a political science degree.

P-3 BUBBA

This is what we were told during our IFS brief. We were told that if OCS guys fail to complete aviation training, be it NPQ, DOR, fail out, whatever, they are being separated from the Navy as of August 1st of this year.

Does anyone know more about this? We had not heard anything about this before this brief.

That is 100% true. If any OCS grad fails out of their initial trianing, they will go to the force shaping board with a recomendation of separation. No one has been kept yet, and I would be supprised to any one get kept.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
That is 100% true. If any OCS grad fails out of their initial trianing, they will go to the force shaping board with a recomendation of separation. No one has been kept yet, and I would be supprised to any one get kept.

Especially since separating OCS grad attrite/DOR/NPQs won't even come close to meeting their overmanning numbers...

loadtoad

pilot
Contributor
Basically he said the manning is over more than a hundred people (if I remember correctly) for our year group. Seeing as OCS puts the least amount in the aviation pipeline we have the least amount of attrites/DOR/NPQ and will barley put a dent in bringing down the amount over... The prediction is it will eventually spread to ROTC and Canoe U. types if they are seriously going to bring down that number.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Basically he said the manning is over more than a hundred people (if I remember correctly) for our year group. Seeing as OCS puts the least amount in the aviation pipeline we have the least amount of attrites/DOR/NPQ and will barley put a dent in bringing down the amount over... The prediction is it will eventually spread to ROTC and Canoe U. types if they are seriously going to bring down that number.

^ Wut he sed.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Because the commodore told us the numbers.

You are looking at from too small a point of view. They are probably not looking at just aviation, but across the Navy. OCS pumps out more than just aviators, and even other communities occasionally attrite people. They are picking out the 'low-hanging' fruit first. If they need any more, the Navy will figure it out. Trying to read the tea leaves as an Ensign in flight school is like tilting at windmills.