• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Dates

hulseca

thunderkiss

do you know of anyone else going on the 9th november? i'm out to sea, but i am tring to workout as much as possible.

Thunderkiss

ENS - SNFO
I think there is another guy in my NRD that was selected at the same time and got the same exact date. Im not sure of anyone else.

I been working my A$$ off doing push ups and sit ups and I dont feel like i'm getting much better. I feel endurance fatigue everytime I work my abs at about 35 - 40 reps. Maybe its becuase I am doing situps everyday, or perhaps from doing them without my feet being held. Whatever the reason I will continue to pump out my 150 - 300 reps. Trying to get ready as well hulseca.

hulseca

im still out to sea, i probably won't get back to the US until the 3rd or 4th week of october. Have you guys gone to the OCS website to look at the memorization tab?

Lobster

I got my class date: 23 Nov. Damnit, I was really hoping for October.

At least you're going this year, i'm not scheduled until june 2010 as of right now and oh yeah i've still got 5 1/2 semesters left to go...blahhhh

Picaroon

Helos
pilot
I think there is another guy in my NRD that was selected at the same time and got the same exact date. Im not sure of anyone else.

I been working my A$$ off doing push ups and sit ups and I dont feel like i'm getting much better. I feel endurance fatigue everytime I work my abs at about 35 - 40 reps. Maybe its becuase I am doing situps everyday, or perhaps from doing them without my feet being held. Whatever the reason I will continue to pump out my 150 - 300 reps. Trying to get ready as well hulseca.
I improve most when I vary my workouts and include rest days. Also, note that when you do the actual test situps (well, as far as I know) you generally want to go up and let your body fall back down on its own. It's really like half the work. Plus proper "Navy situps" are a lot different from a full situp.

m0tbaillie

Former SWO
I improve most when I vary my workouts and include rest days. Also, note that when you do the actual test situps (well, as far as I know) you generally want to go up and let your body fall back down on its own. It's really like half the work. Plus proper "Navy situps" are a lot different from a full situp.

I'm pretty sure that in the PFA standards (and also the videos on the OTCN OCS website) they say that you could be doing up/down at a 30 degree angle with your lower shoulder blade touching the deck, curling upward until you can touch your elbows to your thighs then back down. There's a reason they're called curlups and not situps, they're not full situps.