• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS date?

le lyon

NFO BDCP'er
I have a question for any former or current BDCP-ers. I was wondering when one typically finds out their OCS report date. Will I find out while still in school or will I find out after I officially graduate? I'm just curious b/c graduation is only 13 months away, and I'd like to know what kind of timetable I have, i.e. do I get the summer off before I go to OCS, or do I go straight to OCS after graduating? Thanks.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
They should tell you once you get in. That day is a bit flexible, but usually a couple of months out it is a pretty sure thing. Never 100% sure until you actually have orders in hand.

I had my date over a year out when I got picked up, but wasn't 100% sure until I drove 5 hours to my recruiter on the way to OCS to pick up my orders.

Clear as mud?

bbf7b2

pilot
It took several weeks after I signed my contract to get my class date but I'm pretty sure your class date must be less than 45 days after graduation, so you can plan on that as an outside window. On your application you should have listed your "available after" date which gives you a chance to request a few weeks after graduation to get your things in order.

Lobster

I've had my class date since last fall, they've gotten it wrong twice and put me in too early...so hopefully the third time is a charm :p.

pmasters

I got mine with my orders for ~1 month after graduation. Then they changed it to 8 months after graduation. Then my OPO WTF'd them and they changed it back to the original date. Go figure.

Ask your OPO, he can check it easily.