• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Combat Course

Texan

Why enemy pilots dont sleep well
OK... so I'm looking through the OCS pictures and in the 'combat course' section, I'm seeing a lot of pictures of water and mud that the candidates are mucking through.

Does the January class do the same? is the mud / water frozen at that point, or just 50 bazillion times worse than the summer classes?

Just curious,
Texan

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
You break the ice on the top of the water. Even though the days are cold, the ground won't be too frozen, so the mud will be there. Then, you let the fun continue! Good luck, just remember its been done before. Add your name to the short list.

Carno

Insane
Ahh... the Quigley. Fun stuff. I look at those pictures online and thank Jesus that I didn't go through in the winter.

Texan

Why enemy pilots dont sleep well
Ahh... the Quigley. Fun stuff. I look at those pictures online and thank Jesus that I didn't go through in the winter.

Oh thanks... makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside... oh wait... no it doesnt - I hate cold weather... I a good southerner that likes my weather like I like my women... hot!

January 22 - Hoorah!

stevo01

Oh thanks... makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside... oh wait... no it doesnt - I hate cold weather... I a good southerner that likes my weather like I like my women... hot!

January 22 - Hoorah!

yeah, i feel you...it was cold as hell in the quigley..and yes, they did have to break the ice.

usmcecho4

pilot
I guess what you didn't see is the night combat course. Where you do the combat course again but in the dark and everybody pretty much goes all at once. Nothing like getting kicked in the head by the guy in front of you, under barbed wire, getting yelled at, and looking forward to when you can go back and clean your squad bay at 0000 to be up at 0500...good times. That is the truest form or a haze-ex I remember.

Semper Fi,
usmcecho4

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
its the IMC and its rather short but a good time

By rather short I assume you're not including the three to four hours of waiting in the outdoor classroom while the muck dries on you waiting for the rest of the company to finish and get accountability 3,492 times.

Other than that, Yeah, Good Times.

Anybody ever get hypothermic from Quigley? I mean breaking the ice on it, than going through it than sitting around in wet clothes? Doesn't seem like the most intelligent idea.

oh well, here I come winter Quigley

s/f

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
going through it than sitting around in wet clothes? Doesn't seem like the most intelligent idea.

Intelligent ideas? You won't see alot of those at OCS.

I went through in the summer so it was warm, stinking, and fetid for me.

usmcecho4

pilot
you don't do the combat course at night....its the IMC and its rather short but a good time

I would like to say "back in the Old Corps" but you're right it is/was the IMC...I just remember it as being unpleasent.

Semper Fi,
usmcecho4

TheFurr7198

Wait.. they actually chased the snakes off? We were told "If you see a snake, just stay still for a sec..."

haha it was summer and it pretty much is a mudhole in the middle of the woods. Nice place for snakes to cool off. No one got bitten while I was there but someone did have a snake go up there cammies, but lucky for him it was not poisonous though.