• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Classes

Status
Not open for further replies.

doubledown

I want to know the overall feel of education at OCS, what do they teach in the classes? Is it like boot camp where all they do is yell and degrate you? I've heard many stories from boot camp but really none from OCS. Any help is appreciated.

AviatorMR239

from the posts i've read back through the archives on this site they push your mind and body at the same time. So you expect little sleep, early mornings, lots of running and PT. If you are asking about the content of the classes, well you are there to learn to be a Marine officer, so i'm sure there's a healthy dose of history, leadership, protocol and other tools deemed necessary for the task. Are you gonna get your feelings hurt by an Instructor, that depends on the thickness of your skin. Their job is to find your breaking point, then teach you to excell once you've passed that point.

If you want a educational feel and polite instructors, go for a liberal arts degree at a quaint private college

kimphil

Originally posted by AviatorMR239
If you want a educational feel and polite instructors, go for a liberal arts degree at a quaint private college

I have a liberal arts degree from a quaint private college and there's nothing wrong with that.

USMC OCS is a misnomer. Unlike other OCS programs, where they actually teach you how to be an officer, USMC OCS is a screening process. The academics of USMC OCS is another excuse to separate those who belong from those who don't. You'll learn most of what you'll need to be an officer at TBS, not OCS.

AviatorMR239

no one said there is anything wrong with lib arts or quaint private colleges, but i'm sure you will agree the experience is nothing like the Marines.

my point is that if he feels like being yelled at or belittled is not something that he would want to subject himself to, then perhaps he would be better suited in an atmosphere more conducive to his fragile sensibilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.