• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS class of April 28th, 2024

ARROB

I was selected for OCS class of April 28th, 2024. Does anyone know if someone already created a facebook group for that class or a GroupMe group?

elariosa95

SNA (A-Pool)
Congrats on making it to OCS y’all. I graduated back in November, so if you have any questions about anything, please feel free to ask here or DM me.

elariosa95

SNA (A-Pool)
@ elariosa95, what was the biggest challenge you saw at OCS and as we are preparing to go, what should we expect? Thank you
The biggest challenge isn’t necessarily the physical hurdle, but the mental one. The senior enlisted on the OCS staff are training you to be their future bosses while the class officers will be mentoring you to become their replacements, and they will most definitely hold you to that standard. They essentially have 13 or so weeks to turn you into a basically trained officer who can step up when times are tough and lead under pressure. If they even think you’re slacking off, you’ll be getting an earful while doing burpees.

As for what to expect, that’s a lot easier to answer. Physically, you’ll have squadron PT every weekday at 0515. During indoc, you may or may not have a few visits to the “beach”. I’ll let you figure that one out on your own. If you’ve been doing HIIT workouts like Insanity, P90X, etc., then you should be ok.

Academically, the tests aren’t very difficult but you’ll need to develop good study habits if you haven’t already. History and Navigation tended to get a lot of people. Almost 20 people from my class rolled for nav

Speaking of rolling, I’m not entirely sure what’s going on since this change was made after I graduated, but it sounds like rolling isn’t really a thing anymore. That being said, you should definitely give your best effort in everything.