• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS class date flexibility/rescheduling?!

kevoGTO

SNA select OCS 8Sept07, ProRec SNA 26Jan09
Alright, I need some advice from the experienced guys on here. I’m Pro-Rec’d SNA, took PRT and got fingerprinted today, and scheduled for MEPS on April 26. This puts my final docs back at CNRC at the first of May, and my LT says he thinks there is a high probability that I may be assigned to the June OCS class in P’cola.

This is a serious problem for me. Although I’m excited as hell to get on with OCS, flight school, and the rest, I’m also realistic about the feasibility of this. I work full time as a project engineer, and I’m in the most crucial phase of a 200 million dollar project right now. While I have no problem quitting, I can’t be a s**thead and give these guys 1-2 weeks notice before I walk out the door. 1 month minimum. However, I’m also not gonna pull the “I’m gonna quit soon, but I don’t know exactly when” act either.

Basically, I’m not mentally or physically prepped for OCS. I'm still firmly planted in the civilian world, and I'm gonna need some time to get car loans/bills/etc. squared away, and basically get myself together for a big change in lifestyle. So here's my question:

How likely is it that I'll get sent to the June OCS class (from what I've given above), and if so, can I (how?) get it moved to August? I'd be much less stressed, in much better shape, and overall a much stronger candidate in August than I will be in 5 weeks. Any input appreciated!

Kickflip89

Below Ladder
None
Contributor
How likely is it that I'll get sent to the June OCS class (from what I've given above), and if so, can I (how?) get it moved to August? I'd be much less stressed, in much better shape, and overall a much stronger candidate in August than I will be in 5 weeks. Any input appreciated!

Tell your recruiter your concerns, It probably won't be a big deal to push your date back to August.

Holly85

My fiance got selected for the March 3rd class. They told him that the latest it could be pushed back was March 24, and that was when he ended up going.

zarra182

one little problem. OCS is being move up to Rhode Island and the last class down here is like the first week in july. the next class is around sept in rhode island. Make sure you know what you are getting yourself into before you sign the dotted line. OCS is a big deal if you dont take it serious. and could be a living nightmare if you get stuck in H cause you were not prepared