• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Chances?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Link

I am 27 years old with a BS in Mathematics. I graduated in 2000 from Northeastern St Okla. with a 3.2 gpa. What do you guys think my chances are of getting in are? I have taken all the pretests and checked most study guides on the ASTB, doesn't look like it will be much of a problem.

austinfalnes

This is simply an impossible question to answer. People on this board with higher GPA's have been rejected, but people wil lower GPA's have been accepted.

Intel is competitive now. My recruiter told me a couple weeks ago that the Intel board had 90 some packages on thier desk

Good Luck...

I'm still waiting myself

medictroy

From what I understand is if you don't have a masters... you can forget Intel. They are taking the cream of the crop.

Eteled

Wish someone mentioned this when I asked about my own application and chances of getting selected. I doubt its true, but I doubt I'll get selected anyway. The more I think about my kit, the crummier it seems. Ah well, better start looking for a civi. job until selection cools down.

E6286

OCC 191 Select
I have a 3.4 with a BA in English and a 50 OAR score and my recruiter seems to think I have just as good a chance as any at intel. He has seen lower go in recently and higher. I am debating, however, whether to put intel. first and cyrpto. second or vice versa. I am interested in both, but crypto. seems to require a technical major. Any thoughts?

grouch

Your chances are zero if you don't apply. That being said, check out NIMA and other spook type jobs with daddy sugar. There are a bunch out there.

spsiratt

24 April OCS
E6286, I was pro rec'd for Crypto(my third choice) in August and I was a Liberal Arts major. I was already pro rec'd for NFO(first choice) though and I stuck with that. Could have something to do with my prior intel experience, but that does shoot down the suggestion that only technical majors are getting looked at.

jbasgall1

Hey link I am also a graduate from northeastern state. in OK. I graduated in 2002. I am in the application process for NFO. Let me know what years you were at NSU. we might have been in classes together or something.

jbasgall1

Hey link I am also a graduate from northeastern state. in OK. I graduated in 2002. I am in the application process for NFO. Let me know what years you were at NSU. we might have been in classes together or something.

Link

jbasgall1,

I was at NSU from Aug97 to May00. I spent most of my time in the math and science building. I also played baseball at NSU and lived in Haskell Hall.

haaldinger

I just took the ASTB for the 2nd time, scored an OAR of 54 and AQR - 6....recruiter said i have a chance but not a shoe-in. Graduate college may2nd w/ computer science BS w/ overall gpa of 3.2....what do you guys think?

jca320

CiscoKidd said:
I just took the ASTB for the 2nd time, scored an OAR of 54 and AQR - 6....recruiter said i have a chance but not a shoe-in. Graduate college may2nd w/ computer science BS w/ overall gpa of 3.2....what do you guys think?

My stats are similar same GPA and degree for UCSD. but AQR of 5 and OAR of 65. We'll see how it all pans out.

What school?

John

haaldinger

Millersville University, its in Lancaster Pennsylvania...good luck to ya - i still have to finish up my package, havent gotten all my LORs yet

Status
Not open for further replies.