• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS and overall Naval Officer question

Sedrich

Hi. SO, I am pretty interested in going to the OCS and have been trying to find as much info as possible. I still have a year and a half before I graduate college but what I am interested in is the Oceanography/Meteorology Officer program. Out of all the threads I have yet to hear anything about it and would love some info! < OCS info would be great too. Currently, I have a 3.1 gpa, can run a 1.5 mile in about 10 mins and for a girl i can do 20 push ups. < I don't know if that info is necessary, but I just put it there anyway.

Thanks!
Sara

CalamityJean

I know which way the wind shines!
Hi Sara. I was a closet "weather nut" for many years so when I started applying for OCS, the Oceanography/Meteorology communities interested me as well. You can check out this link for requirements : http://www.cnrc.navy.mil/sanfrancisco/opo/general-information.htm

I would also root around on www.usnavyocs.com
The forum is geared more towards general Officer programs so there are more postings beyond aviation there. Most likely many of your questions have already been asked/answered. Wish your 1.5 mile time was mine, I'm a big slow poke.

Sedrich

thanks calamityjean! I've been doing more research and trying to get a hold of my OR (but that doesn't seem to be working.) Do you know anything about the METOC program (or anyone)? I am bit confused, but I'm sure I can figure it out :)

oh...haha, trust me - I may run fast, but there is always a price to pay - my knees!!

CalamityJean

I know which way the wind shines!
I only know as much as I've read online between the Navy sites and forums like these. At usnavyocs, there is a LT under the username spartonian who is a METOC. If you create a username there, you can look him up and pm him with questions. He seems eager to help. As I said in the above post, there are lot more posts about both these programs in that forum. In addition to the link above, there is info here: http://usmilitary.about.com/od/officerjo2/a/ocean.htm. It's a fairly easy hunt to discover the basics of the program when you google it, get ahold of spartonian and he can give you the insider perspective.