• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS - Am I a good Candidate?

cdrsniper

Lovin' life....
For starters.. make sure to concentrate on that GPA! Don't let it slide.. Get it as high as you can. Then work on being the " Most well rounded " candidate you can be. If my package was in the board, I would want it to stick out from everyone, not to be beat out by someone with a higher GPA and less extracurricular activities..

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Whatever he meant, it's a good example of why certain things are generally off-limits in wardroom/ready room discussions. Sex, Politics, and Religion. So everyone can drop the discussion now because as you all know, we try and make this a virtual ready/wardroom and the webmaster has posted his guidance on that idea.

Sex (discussion of just to be clear) is off-limits in the wardroom/ready room?? News to me.

pmasters

Thanks guys, in terms of well rounded I do a few dork activities. Mock Trial, we got 5th in that nation (you might like to hear that we did so by whooping the Air Force Academy's sorry ass) and I do debate to, hopefully that looks good on my forms.

By the way, I take the test next week, any pointers on that thing? I haven't been able to find anything informative on the internet.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Thanks guys, in terms of well rounded I do a few dork activities. Mock Trial, we got 5th in that nation (you might like to hear that we did so by whooping the Air Force Academy's sorry ass) and I do debate to, hopefully that looks good on my forms.

By the way, I take the test next week, any pointers on that thing? I haven't been able to find anything informative on the internet.

MARINEGOUGE.COM

pmasters

Alright gentlemen. I know I''m good enough. I want to be a naval aviator eyesight is correctable to 20/20. Could you please give me any advice in relation to my application that might help me become an aviator?

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Alright gentlemen. I know I''m good enough. I want to be a naval aviator eyesight is correctable to 20/20. Could you please give me any advice in relation to my application that might help me become an aviator?

OK, now to make your question SOMEWHAT viable, try to narrow it down. You wouldn't ask a doctor, "so, how do I become a doctor?". That's just silly. This website is CHOCK FULL of info as to how to go about applying for a commission in the Navy/Marine Corps for a pilot slot/NFO or whatever. If you have a specific question, then by all means ask it, but if it is a trite question then search for it, because answering the same question 1000 times is not much fun, and only brings out peoples' attitudes on this site.

Rasczak

Marine
suicide.gif

bluesig1

sure thing
None
When I asked my recruiter that question he basically told me:
The Board members are probaly not going to meet you in person, so you have to have a strong packet to make them take interest in you. A well written motivational statement, LOR's from people that really know you, and extra curricular activities help round off a good GPA.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Stupid Questions about OCS

I was jus looking over some of the stuff that happens in OCS and I was just wondering if anyone has been through it tyo share experiences. I plan on entering no matter what stories told because I believe I can do it. But, I was just wondering how mentally demanding it is to get through? I not so worried about the physically.

Due to success of Nose's thread on "Stupid Questions about Naval Aviation", I thought we'd try "Stupid Questions about OCs" since we seem to get same generic questions over and over. So Shazaam, let it be so.