• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 187 pushed back to Aug. 30

Status
Not open for further replies.

USMCBebop

SergeantLieutenant
E6286 said:
It would be nice if they moved OCS to november and had the board mid september. I could be ready to rock by then.... Oh well, only in my dreams.
The situation would have to be like Vietnam for that to happen (i.e. Lts. dying by the numbers). Then, they had more OCC classes and TBS was cut short to about 5.5 monthes (est).

p1nky1298

Death Dealers
Are they in that much of a need for air contracts in the 187? What kind of PFT are they looking for in air candidates?

Arc Angel

2nd Lt at TBS
I'm in the west. I called my OSO today and he gave me the same thing many of you have heard. The board's meeting sometime around the 17th, but didn't mention anything about potentially pushing back the board any further than it already was. He said the 11th is still the deadline for getting in your applications. So all of us on the western half should know by the end of August if we're in or not. Does anyone know exactly how many days the board meets for anyway? I know they don't have the final word, but it's pretty unlikely the General who signs off on the list of accepted candidates is going to change anything about it.

reapergm

I think its 5 days. I dont know... I learned from last time, now I am taking a vacation the week the board meets. That way I dont think about it, or worry about it. The only thing that would frustrate me is if we didnt find out until the 2nd week of Sept. Its just going to be a pain with my job and the notice. As long as I get the selection phone call, I dont care when I find out. OCS will still start Oct 3.

p1nky1298

Death Dealers
Yea, I talked to my OSO today and he also told me the board was meeting the week of the 16th. He would let me know if I got accepted or not by the end of the month. He also said there were a lot of pilot slots for the 187 class and OSO's were having trouble filling their requirements. Hope it's true, but then again, maybe it's just speculation. Regardless, I'm pretty sure we'll know before the end of the month. I would hate to find out I didn't get selected 2.5 weeks before I would've had to report. That would suck.

stevew

I look at it this way, there are apparently enough open pilot slots for this year and next since the Corps is giving them away to the Navy to be filled because there aren't enough Marines available to fill the slots.

Arc Angel

2nd Lt at TBS
I would think your OSO would know if they're having trouble filling all the pilot slots available for 187. They talk to each other enough to know what's going on. Being told one month or two weeks in advance of OCS really doesn't matter that much to me. The only thing being that two weeks isn't a lot of time to move every thing out of my place and take care of all the other crap that would need attention during the 10 weeks we'll be gone.

Tiffak

Reaper that sig is freakin AWESOME.

I used to collect garbage pail kids in the day.

Okay, off the threadjack...Any word on the East Coast Boards??? I'm still hearing Aug 17th for us.

Arc Angel

2nd Lt at TBS
Yeah its fun so long as you don't think about it. Yeah I heard we'll know by the end of the month at the very least, but I'd hope they'd tell us as soon as possible. I imagine the 23rd would be the very earliest any of us will hear anything. Garbage Pail Kids are the $hit! We collected them too.

Status
Not open for further replies.