• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 187 pushed back to Aug. 30

Status
Not open for further replies.

bighuggies

Just received a phone call from my OSO. The board has been pushed back yet again, this time to Aug. 30th. I read this means if we get selected, we'll be notified in the second week of [edit Sept]. This will leave us with about 2.5 weeks to get ready for OCS on October 2.

Is anyone else able to cocur with the information I have been provided?

plmtree

You mean we'll find out the second week of Sep, right?

Yeah, I was told this a few weeks ago and posted it somewhere around here...or maybe at MarineOCS.com. The waiting sucks... :irked_125

Arc Angel

2nd Lt at TBS
This is all news to me, my OSO didn't tell me any of this. Why exactly is the selection board being pushed back? Does anyone know if this changes the last day we can update our PFT's too?

USMCBebop

SergeantLieutenant
I wonder why. Do they have seats they (still) have to fill? I remember six years ago they kept pushing the OCS board dates because they were looking for qualified prospects to fill OCS seats. Some boards were convening less than a month before the next OCS class started.

E6286

OCC 191 Select
Its too bad it is Oct. for the class start. If the board met in September I could possibly have a 250 or so PFT by then. Oh well, I will hope for 188 air....... Hopefully 187 doesn't fill up all the Air slots and then they will slide over to 188 :).

wildflyin69

Grad of OCS 187 Charlie Co. 3rd Plt.
Is that just a west coast thing? Because I've specifically asked my OSO and the said the 17th of August was the day they're meeting for our east coast offices.

bighuggies

Here on the West Coast, my OSO said they were meeting originally meeting Aug 17th also. However, he said the board was being moved back *possibly* because they had quotas to fill. I suppose this means the Corps needs more qualified applicants and there aren't enough so far.

MAC1078

I just checked with my OSO and everything is in line for the board meeting the week of the Aug 16th. That is east coast, I don't know about west coast.

E6286

OCC 191 Select
It seems everybody has different info. I am on the East coast and was told 187 is meeting at the end of August now.

stevew

Is there a possibilty of them pushing back the OCS start date as well or are they just going to try to cram as many qualified candidates into the October 2nd date as they can by just changing the application submission date?

E6286

OCC 191 Select
It would be nice if they moved OCS to november and had the board mid september. I could be ready to rock by then.... Oh well, only in my dreams.

E6286

OCC 191 Select
Yeah I guess an exodus as with Navy OCS wouldn't be done with Marine OCS. Looks like I will be applying for 188 and keeping fingers crossed that some of these open air slots for 187 push over to 188 hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.