• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 1820 Application questions

guioliveirabc

I'm applying for the 1820 Information Professional program and would appreciate your insights. I'm currently an ITS2 and have been refining my qualifications to increase my chances of selection. I have three Letters of Recommendation from O-5 officers and will soon graduate with a Bachelor's in Computer Science from WGU (GPA between 3.0 and 4.0). I'll immediately pursue a Master's in Cyber Security.

Medically qualified, only warfare "Submarine Qualification," I've earned 2 NAM's, with evaluations at MP and 1 EP. At 30 years old, I hold certifications like Security+, Linux+, CASP+, ITIL 4, Azure DB Admin, CCNA, CEH, and GSLC, with ongoing CCNP Security pursuit. What are my chances of selection?

Thank you for your assistance.

exNavyOffRec

I have not yet taken the OAR, but I am confident in achieving a minimum score of 50, my ASVAB score is 86.
Get above the min and you avoid the OAR waiver which is a good thing, and ideally your GPA is at least 3.5 as the average GPA for those selected runs about 3.5

guioliveirabc

Western Governors University and its state affiliates do not calculate a grade point average (GPA) or class rank." The Record of Achievement Transcript contains the statement in the transcript header, “GPA: This student completed each of the listed courses with a GPA between 3.0 and 4.0 on a 4.0-scale.

exNavyOffRec

Western Governors University and its state affiliates do not calculate a grade point average (GPA) or class rank." The Record of Achievement Transcript contains the statement in the transcript header, “GPA: This student completed each of the listed courses with a GPA between 3.0 and 4.0 on a 4.0-scale.
Ah yes, that is right I forgot that WGU was one of those places. There are some other hoops you may have to jump through such as getting a letter from the registrar to explain it, usually they will send a letter with a specific overall GPA.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I'm applying for the 1820 Information Professional program and would appreciate your insights. I'm currently an ITS2 and have been refining my qualifications to increase my chances of selection. I have three Letters of Recommendation from O-5 officers and will soon graduate with a Bachelor's in Computer Science from WGU (GPA between 3.0 and 4.0). I'll immediately pursue a Master's in Cyber Security.

Medically qualified, only warfare "Submarine Qualification," I've earned 2 NAM's, with evaluations at MP and 1 EP. At 30 years old, I hold certifications like Security+, Linux+, CASP+, ITIL 4, Azure DB Admin, CCNA, CEH, and GSLC, with ongoing CCNP Security pursuit. What are my chances of selection?

Thank you for your assistance.

Take the time to search around the various IWC threads here. That'll help you see where you stack against others.

Missing OAR score.

Renegade One

None
This is evidence of "a kindler, gentler nation".

exNavyOffRec

This is evidence of "a kindler, gentler nation".
This started back in the 70's and then some of the online colleges started doing it. I know several that have used WGU who were teachers or LE so they could get that boost in pay, it is often viewed as a "check in the box" degree. I had several applicants that had degrees from these types of schools and only 1 actually was accepted to OCS (SWO designator) while with University of Phoenix I was 2 for 2.

jnTucker

I was just selected for IP in the December board. I also graduated (this past May) from WGU with my BS in Computer Science. My OAR was 55. I only had 2 LORs, a current SWO O4 and a 13 year Navy Veteran (my WGU mentor). Hope this helps to give you a positive outlook!!

As OS, I am reaching out for advice and guidance. Im seeking to apply for the Officer Candidate School (OCS) with a focus on Cyber Warfare Engineering (CWE). My educational background includes a recently earned bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, complemented by a minor in Cyber Security and Policy Management.
I would greatly appreciate any insights, advice, or experiences that individuals with knowledge of the OCS CWE application process might share. Whether it be recommended preparatory steps, insights into the selection criteria, or personal anecdotes from those who have navigated a similar path, your input will undoubtedly prove invaluable.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read and consider my request.

GoVols03

SNFO Select
I have a sailor who needs 1820 appraisals does anyone know anyone they can put me in contact with? You can dm if you want.