• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 08JUL2024 SNA/SNFO BOARD

kathelim

quick question. I emailed the fleet processor and ocsquestions@navy.mil about it, but never got a response.

For miscellaneous documents (i.e. training certs), is there a preferred placement for it in the OCS application? They updated the checklist and that spot was replaced with the SS Card.

GoVols03

SNFO Select
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to take a moment to wish everyone good luck with the upcoming board! If you have any questions or need advice, feel free to reach out. I was recently selected in the April board and have over 15 years of active duty experience, so I’m more than willing to help out where I can.

Nnamdi25

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to take a moment to wish everyone good luck with the upcoming board! If you have any questions or need advice, feel free to reach out. I was recently selected in the April board and have over 15 years of active duty experience, so I’m more than willing to help out where I can.
Are you an E6 or E7 tryna gauge my chances

GoVols03

SNFO Select
E6 with 15 years of active service so if they picked me then your chances are decent as long as ASTB score is good and GPA is good. I had 52 6/6/7 and GPA 3.71

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
quick question. I emailed the fleet processor and ocsquestions@navy.mil about it, but never got a response.

For miscellaneous documents (i.e. training certs), is there a preferred placement for it in the OCS application? They updated the checklist and that spot was replaced with the SS Card.

Unless your certification is a private pilots license and even so, don’t have any sort of benefit for the board.

DJ9001

Applying as well. Previous applications Nov22 and May23. SNA, might add SNFO after this board.

67 8/7/8 - 29yo - 2.0 GPA since retakes don’t overwrite. Currently taking additional classes.

I’m looking at improving my package in any way possible. I’ve seen many people say they don’t even consider anything outside of ASTB and GPA, how true is this? LORs, volunteer hours, flight time are all not impactful? Anything else?

Might have to retake the ASTB and shoot for 9s…

Nnamdi25

Applying as well. Previous applications Nov22 and May23. SNA, might add SNFO after this board.

67 8/7/8 - 29yo - 2.0 GPA since retakes don’t overwrite. Currently taking additional classes.

I’m looking at improving my package in any way possible. I’ve seen many people say they don’t even consider anything outside of ASTB and GPA, how true is this? LORs, volunteer hours, flight time are all not impactful? Anything else?

Dude I would kill to have your scores.

Average Monke

A primate with internet access
Yes, that is the common consensus unfortunately. Does your GPA require a waiver?

FormerRecruitingGuru

I’m surprised you found a recruiter willing to work with you. While aviation does not have a GPA requirement I don’t think I have ever seen anyone get selected with a sub 2.5 regardless of scores.

Nnamdi25

Have you considered getting your masters. I know that could help improve your GPA. If not my other question is have you considered any other branch? The Army does not require a degree to fly if you are interested pm me and I we could talk.

DJ9001

Dude I would kill to have your scores.
Well unfortunately, but understandably, it hasn’t been enough.

Yes, that is the common consensus unfortunately. Does your GPA require a waiver?
I think my recruiter may have mentioned it does. Not certain.

I’m surprised you found a recruiter willing to work with you. While aviation does not have a GPA requirement I don’t think I have ever seen anyone get selected with a sub 2.5 regardless of scores.
Well that’s disheartening. Can’t speak to why he will, but he has been great and I’m happy to have the opportunity to apply.

DJ9001

Have you considered getting your masters. I know that could help improve your GPA. If not my other question is have you considered any other branch? The Army does not require a degree to fly if you are interested pm me and I we could talk.
Just started a masters program.

Army is my backup plan and likely only other option.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Well unfortunately, but understandably, it hasn’t been enough.

I think my recruiter may have mentioned it does. Not certain.

Well that’s disheartening. Can’t speak to why he will, but he has been great and I’m happy to have the opportunity to apply.

I would suggest enrolling and starting a quick graduate program to see if you can reapply with a graduate degree and better GPA. Otherwise really nothing else to do.

DJ9001

I would suggest enrolling and starting a quick graduate program to see if you can reapply with a graduate degree and better GPA. Otherwise really nothing else to do.
It will still be a cumulative GPA of all college courses even with a graduate degree correct? Do they treat it any different from that?